Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
You are right but i also think as the seasons gone on the expectation has changed for some. I now expect us to give the play offs a good go and fight to make it in the top 6. We have proven enough times that we can match sides when we turn it on. HUGE game today and win this then onto the next "cup final"

Us Blades fans can sit on the edge of our seats for as long as we keep on winning....What a season!
12 more wins and we are guaranteed to be in the PL

Whatever happens we have had a very good season although, for some , the expectations were raised to such a height that NOT making the play offs would be a big disappointment.

When we have under performed there has been a tolerance, an understanding, because we were safe and out performed some of the bigger ( i.e more expected from them ) teams.

Next year is the critical year either way.

Will the meaningful backing be there to progress further? The fan base overall will be less tolerant because of what we've done this season.

Those raised expectations will take some fulfilling.One things for sure, there will be more scrutiny, less tolerance.

This year's become a free hit now, Let's land the first telling punch today.