+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Nottingham Forest

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    You are right but i also think as the seasons gone on the expectation has changed for some. I now expect us to give the play offs a good go and fight to make it in the top 6. We have proven enough times that we can match sides when we turn it on. HUGE game today and win this then onto the next "cup final"

Us Blades fans can sit on the edge of our seats for as long as we keep on winning....What a season!
    12 more wins and we are guaranteed to be in the PL

Whatever happens we have had a very good season although, for some , the expectations were raised to such a height that NOT making the play offs would be a big disappointment.

When we have under performed there has been a tolerance, an understanding, because we were safe and out performed some of the bigger ( i.e more expected from them ) teams.

Next year is the critical year either way.

Will the meaningful backing be there to progress further? The fan base overall will be less tolerant because of what we've done this season.

Those raised expectations will take some fulfilling.One things for sure, there will be more scrutiny, less tolerance.

This year's become a free hit now, Let's land the first telling punch today.

The Blades do well against Forest at The Lane go get those 3 points boys!

Really needed 3 points today PNE and Brizzie win. Still tight but we lack that killer striker.

What a disappointing day. Oh well...

But with Boro only drawing its really only just closed up Millwall and Bristol City and Preston into the chasing pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    A tired performance never looked like scoring. Opposition came for a point and didn't have to do a great deal to get it. Referee was shocking allowed them to constantly prevent free kicks being taken foul Blackman when he had the ball and time waste. We didn't lose but seeing Clarke and Donaldson on at the end was depressing they just don't work together.
    Where were ya lookin when LEON missed that sitter after abart 12 mins mate? We shudda scored at least twice in't first half.Second half was a poor attackin display and i thought the scabs deserved the points,several times on the break they outnumbered our defenders but either messed up or Jamal produced good saves.Hopefully that's the last of the freezin weather this season whilst we're at BDBL.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    naah Rod - ...........we've already had a good season, and are up against teams which great spending power and larger squads - if we do make it to the playoffs its a BONUS this season - not an expectation as for Villa/Midds/Fulham

we've nowt to lose
    UTB
    I'm not sayin we aint had a good season cos we have but even nar the play offs are still reachable for us and if we dunt mek em then we've lost a chance of goin up,so we have plenty to lose.UTCB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12