+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Multies

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Not quite sure if Frog is referring to me but can we set the record straight. Cam had several times checked my IP address for various reasons and I was fully aware that he would check the IP address of any new poster, particularly a controversial one.
    At the time of the Kempo=Nogbad old school chum controversy I invented a new user called Rod kemp. gm-gm and a couple of others spotted the anagram right away and I posted that I hadn't noticed it and even posted to Cam about Sherlock Holmes. There was never the slightest intention on my part that the subterfuge would go undiscovered and I virtually told Cam it was me.
    The Rod Kemp account was closed by Frog. At no time did anyone from MM contact me about it and no one has ever contacted me from MM before or since.
    Frog and Cam's reliance on IP addresses to detect multis is misplaced. It's the easiest thing in the world to post with different IP addresses. I kept the same address with Rod Kemp precisely so that the mods would spot it was me. It was intended as a joke along the lines of the Zilzal dead horse farce.
    Welcome back Monty. Rod Kemp was an attack against kempo and that's not acceptable.

This stops members posting as they don't enjoy something they can't trust.

It makes me smile when I see talk of multis on here from the usual experts telling us how easy it is....They are mainly the same names who repeatedly and wrongly say that I post under multiple names....They talk utter nonsense and as I say are totally wrong.

I don't really post much on here because I am a very busy and important person and have far better things to do than correcting Frog's spellings.

UTM and lots of love from
    Kempo
    IBS
    Zilzal
    Montyrhodes
    Noggin
    MillMoormagic

I am getting worse at spelling I put it down to the medication but it's a shame you stop posting for that reason.

Frog can you delete my old account I don’t know password anyway and prefer this anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Frog can you delete my old account I don’t know password anyway and prefer this anyway
    You'll have to give me the exact name Silly for me to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    You'll have to give me the exact name Silly for me to do it.
    Chris-m

Chris-m
    Done. I aught to turn this thread into a multi amnesty thread

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    It makes me smile when I see talk of multis on here from the usual experts telling us how easy it is....They are mainly the same names who repeatedly and wrongly say that I post under multiple names....They talk utter nonsense and as I say are totally wrong.

I don't really post much on here because I am a very busy and important person and have far better things to do than correcting Frog's spellings.

UTM and lots of love from
    Kempo
    IBS
    Zilzal
    Montyrhodes
    Noggin
    MillMoormagic
    Not quite sure what your point is here, K. You seem to be confusing (deliberately?) two separate issues. Mike makes a valid point. I also stated (quite correctly) that it's easy to post under different IPs. In fact, Cam once asked me why my IP address kept changing and I explained to him I hadn't realised it was a problem but would post in future only under a single IP address. You are a known multi. You admitted to being smallpoor and were clearly Nogbad and Dr Pokem. If you aren't Zilzal and IBS then the three of you were happy on occasions to share porkies on here. Blades game, taxi to Preston, dead in Didcot: the list is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Not quite sure what your point is here, K. You seem to be confusing (deliberately?) two separate issues. Mike makes a valid point. I also stated (quite correctly) that it's easy to post under different IPs. In fact, Cam once asked me why my IP address kept changing and I explained to him I hadn't realised it was a problem but would post in future only under a single IP address. You are a known multi. You admitted to being smallpoor and were clearly Nogbad and Dr Pokem. If you aren't Zilzal and IBS then the three of you were happy on occasions to share porkies on here. Blades game, taxi to Preston, dead in Didcot: the list is endless.
    IPs come from the device you use to log in just because someone has a different IP don’t make it a different person, lots of people have multiple devices. WiFi addresses however unless someone changes provider or logs in with free WiFi is constant.

Point is it’s a lot harder to spot multis but if you keep getting paranoid about it you’ll go nuts

IPs come from the device you use to log in just because someone has a different IP don’t make it a different person, lots of people have multiple devices. WiFi addresses however unless someone changes provider or logs in with free WiFi is constant.

Point is it’s a lot harder to spot multis but if you keep getting paranoid about it you’ll go nuts
    Well said, Silly. Next thing someone willl be claiming that over on Millers Tumbleweed T71 is gwru and Bornamiller is LBJ (but being careful not to give the game away with the Stubbs adulation).

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast