+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Multies

Multies

In the past and up to a few months ago thate were one or two members who had a couple of accounts but these have been whittled down. Hopefully they won't repeat their actions again but some will try. CAM and I take this seriously as we don't want it to ruin your (and ours) enjoyment when using the site.

There are a few posters who members automatically consider them to be multies and treat them with content. If they were multies they definately would not be posting.

The last IP address I found with two accounts was openly offered the chance to chose the account they wanted to. The member could have done this through the 'Notifications' available as informed on top of the board. They didn't contact me so I left open the long standing account and closed the brand new one. (There is another version of this story available on another board).

Every new member have their information checked out so we know if they've posted before under another name. We can only go back so far as you'll appreciate due to the changes made to the site.

If you think there is a member with multiple accounts that we've missed then please tell us through the 'Notifications' and we'll look into it.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    In the past and up to a few months ago thate were one or two members who had a couple of accounts but these have been whittled down. Hopefully they won't repeat their actions again but some will try. CAM and I take this seriously as we don't want it to ruin your (and ours) enjoyment when using the site.

There are a few posters who members automatically consider them to be multies and treat them with content. If they were multies they definately would not be posting.

The last IP address I found with two accounts was openly offered the chance to chose the account they wanted to. The member could have done this through the 'Notifications' available as informed on top of the board. They didn't contact me so I left open the long standing account and closed the brand new one. (There is another version of this story available on another board).

Every new member have their information checked out so we know if they've posted before under another name. We can only go back so far as you'll appreciate due to the changes made to the site.

If you think there is a member with multiple accounts that we've missed then please tell us through the 'Notifications' and we'll look into it.

Thank you.
    Your efforts are good but those with VPN accounts won't be caught.

Your time would be better spent moving the long political posts to the O/T section.

But you're doing a great job under the circumstances

What’s was multies user names

I’ve been accused of about five over the years , mainly when they know I’m right

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Your efforts are good but those with VPN accounts won't be caught.

Your time would be better spent moving the long political posts to the O/T section.

But you're doing a great job under the circumstances
    Thanks Grist

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    What’s was multies user names

I’ve been accused of about five over the years , mainly when they know I’m right
    Tw@t

Agree with Grist about the political threads. Likewise with the racist posts.

Not quite sure if Frog is referring to me but can we set the record straight. Cam had several times checked my IP address for various reasons and I was fully aware that he would check the IP address of any new poster, particularly a controversial one.
    At the time of the Kempo=Nogbad old school chum controversy I invented a new user called Rod kemp. gm-gm and a couple of others spotted the anagram right away and I posted that I hadn't noticed it and even posted to Cam about Sherlock Holmes. There was never the slightest intention on my part that the subterfuge would go undiscovered and I virtually told Cam it was me.
    The Rod Kemp account was closed by Frog. At no time did anyone from MM contact me about it and no one has ever contacted me from MM before or since.
    Frog and Cam's reliance on IP addresses to detect multis is misplaced. It's the easiest thing in the world to post with different IP addresses. I kept the same address with Rod Kemp precisely so that the mods would spot it was me. It was intended as a joke along the lines of the Zilzal dead horse farce.

Monty
    Miss your posts on here good to see you back on.
    Honest at times brutal but improves the conversation flow imo .

Many posters had to change their user name when the site was "upgraded" a few years ago, because the system would not accept the original user name (at least temporarily) Some posters seem to give up posting altogether because of the problems. There may be on the system more than one user name linked to the same computer for those reasons, and not because somebody is a "multi".

The "hardcore multies" are not going to be daft enough to keep posting from the same IP address though... given that they may have a choice of home PC, laptop, work, friends/relatives, smartphone, public library/community centre, holiday location, etc, so thanks for the effort Frog, but I suspect that it won't make much difference. It would be naive to believe that the problem has been solved
    Last edited by mikemiller; 17-03-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Monty
    Miss your posts on here good to see you back on.
    Honest at times brutal but improves the conversation flow imo .
    Thanks, Yak. I have continued to read MM but have not felt like posting. The political stuff got far far too nasty and when Cam weighed in accusing me of being a racist I thought it was time to get out. It's pretty obvious to me that great fire is a multi. He is one of MM's corbynistas and his role is to undermine the credibility of opponents of daft left-liberalism by constantly posting crazed unsupported assertions which are easily shot down.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast