+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matcthread Origins and Posters.

Just came to me, Millerchad was the gerry forest avatar mike.

I think you're right

Going back a long time but does anyone remember a top bloke called 'The Bard of Brinsworth' who used to do Millers based poems? Early days of t'Internet I know but there was a great 'poem off' between he and some guy called 'hertsman' that used to piss off the red bloods on the early boards!

Hope the bard is still well and scribing!

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Going back a long time but does anyone remember a top bloke called 'The Bard of Brinsworth' who used to do Millers based poems? Early days of t'Internet I know but there was a great 'poem off' between he and some guy called 'hertsman' that used to piss off the red bloods on the early boards!

Hope the bard is still well and scribing!
    Yes - I think that they were in the Moulin Rouge fanzine too

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Yes - I think that they were in the Moulin Rouge fanzine too
    That's it! They had a 'poem off' contest on the theme of Anna Kournakova or summat that ended up getting judged by the ghdn Millers kit man! Just remember a couple of early posters getting peed off cos 'what's bloody poetry got to do with effin football??! Fair point!

Would love to see Rouger, Mozza, Millerlite and Bob H posting again too.

When Poddington returns we will know this site is back to its glory days. He used to send useful posts from the ground to the match day thread. Also generally a very positive influence on the board.

Sadly I doubt it will happen....

Why, did he disappear up his own arse CT?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Only passed Steve once in a match but said hello as I knew who he was.

Remember the spooky Google street map episode where if you googled where he lived, he was actually on the screen walking his dog the day the google map van passed him!

River Rother Fav is a real person. I've been to his home. He organised a meet up at the Stag pub where others off this site met to collect their pre Wembley T-Shirts for Millers mad on tour. Still got mine. Also met Poddington at the same meeting.

Others missing I seem to recall are Soulman, my old PE Teacher at school who had a great Ford RS Mexico Blue in colour. What a car that was and boy what would it be worth today? Reg PEJ ???

Is Beryl still alive? One of Foos best friends.
    RRF left my tee-shirt in his wheely bin with a bottle of Bombardier.

A little correction Brin if I may. Duke was walking his dog passed the cemetery on google. Even spookier

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I think clar adopted goni and his dog Chester.
    I heard Chester went deaf and had to be put down, he used to lay next to Ginos AMP...terribly said.

didnt they also have a brother whose name could be mentioned?
    Last edited by gm_gm; 19-03-2018 at 08:59 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast