+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Matcthread Origins and Posters.

Poddington did pop on here a few weeks back so he's still around. I'll dig out some names fom an old PL. We had almost 70 players in the season we moved to NYS. Hope Nez is OK as haven't seen him this season. gramiller is another one, he used to go into smiley overload. Spends most of his time in Cuba these days.

DavidR used to post some brilliant stuff is he still around and 2 more Kirkman and davyhaze and who can ever forget pires

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Oh yes, where's Nez? I was joking about Podd, I thought my comment might make him respond cos he did seem a bit touchy lol
    It's a school day he'll have been marking books.

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    DavidR used to post some brilliant stuff is he still around and 2 more Kirkman and davyhaze and who can ever forget pires
    Yes, a good guy who helped me out with good advice. If I'm correct he's still talking about The Millers but on Twitter but I could be wrong.

Oh yes, where's Nez? I was joking about Podd, I thought my comment might make him respond cos he did seem a bit touchy lol
    Relieved to see that, Sota! I was trying to think back whether or not you two had a falling out but couldn't recall anything.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Yes, a good guy who helped me out with good advice. If I'm correct he's still talking about The Millers but on Twitter but I could be wrong.
    Because of his professional background, DavidR was very effective in helping us to untangle and explain what was going on in the dark days of administration and the battle with the Booth family. I know he worked with RUST as well on this. I mainly remember him for his articulate post match analysis with excellently written reports running to several paragraphs. He started a blog and took his reports there but I don't think ever had that much traffic. Much missed here, in my view.

The other one who was really helpful in being close to the club was the chap who was briefly the fan's representative on the RUFC Board. I've forgotten the name he posted under - and don't want to mention his real name - but he really gave us a sense of being involved in what was happening at the club. I got to know him off this forum and he was a very decent bloke. I think the RUFC Board role became too much of a commitment for him (he lived in Worcestershire) and was around at the time of the ill-fated Millers 05 venture so pulled away. I think he also came in for some totally unjustified stick on here and was another one who decided it wasn't worth bothering any more.

Mark Thomas is another name that used to appear regularly. Like many who have left (Zip, Rouger, Red and White, TimeFor Ale, Deano - even SugarTiler if you know what you're looking for - the list is long) you can find him on the Millers page on Facebook. I do follow that but it doesn't have the same feel as MM and there are some right goons posting...

CT - There was a WorcesterMiller who moved to the other site because of the advert-related problems on this site. I don't know if that was him.
    All the ones you mentioned were good posters. Deano is still easy to track down on Twitter. Zippy had logging in problems for a long while, but has been back on here fairly recently.

Problems with logging in, and also advert-related jamming, probably caused many posters to give up. I had similar difficulties. It doesn't seem to be so bad now for me, but I always put the ad-blocker on first.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 19-03-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Would love to see Rouger, Mozza, Millerlite and Bob H posting again too.
    Doubtful Mozza will come back on sota, think he's only been on once since he got a veiled threat.
    They wouldn't have said it to him in his younger days.
    Not seen him for a while hope he's in reasonable health.

It was indeed Steve (Redduke) that started the Match Thread and Face in the Crowd too. I never actually met Steve, but we became friends through the Match Thread and the Late Shift (started by Clar for late night chat among Millers with insomnia and those in different time zones). Where's Blockheads these days?

Steve and I emailed each other often and discussed the Millers, music, good ales, travel etc .

A thoroughly great bloke was Steve.
    I never met Steve either but I did meet his mum.

My own mum, no longer with us, was in hospital and in a bad way. On one visit my mum introduced me to the lady in the next bed because "her lad was a mad Rotherham fan as well". I told her that I knew about Steve's death because of MM. We nattered for ages. She was immensely proud of her lad and was overwhelmed with the millers turn out at his funeral. She was a very cheerful lady and I was holding back the tears.

She was a lovely lady and she was a massive help to my mum.

Very nice to hear that Wrinkly.

Casper, Mozza is fit and well end enjoying retirement. I don't know who threatened him, but they obviously haven't seen the size of him.

CT, I like Podd and I never fall out with anyone, not permanently anyway ;-)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast