+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matcthread Origins and Posters.

Clar is alive and well and a respected professor in his field here in the US.

I once won two dozen pies in one of the competitions on here and being unable to collect gave them to RRF to distribute to Rotherham's less fortunate. Never heard from him since so hopefully he didn't eat them all and explode

There used to be a picture quiz. Clive Mendonca. I thought red duke had something to do with it in the early years.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    There used to be a picture quiz. Clive Mendonca. I thought red duke had something to do with it in the early years.
    The man in the crowd Duke used to set it up on the old site format but couldn't when it was bought by footymad. I imagined him having loads of programms with little holes in them where he cut the heads of players out to use them.

Was it Norfolkmiller who used to say Clive Mendonca?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Clar is alive and well and a respected professor in his field here in the US.

I once won two dozen pies in one of the competitions on here and being unable to collect gave them to RRF to distribute to Rotherham's less fortunate. Never heard from him since so hopefully he didn't eat them all and explode
    Clar's tethered up then?

Lost in action?

Lyreb (occasionally appeared on Millerstime)
    Sous
    Snackerjack
    KerryMiller
    Bloke with Gerry Forrest avatar (can't recall name)

Was Lyreb Beryl?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Lost in action?

Lyreb (occasionally appeared on Millerstime)
    Sous
    Snackerjack
    KerryMiller
    Bloke with Gerry Forrest avatar (can't recall name)
    Kerrymiller is Exeters sister

It was indeed Steve (Redduke) that started the Match Thread and Face in the Crowd too. I never actually met Steve, but we became friends through the Match Thread and the Late Shift (started by Clar for late night chat among Millers with insomnia and those in different time zones). Where's Blockheads these days?

Steve and I emailed each other often and discussed the Millers, music, good ales, travel etc .

A thoroughly great bloke was Steve.

Only passed Steve once in a match but said hello as I knew who he was.

Remember the spooky Google street map episode where if you googled where he lived, he was actually on the screen walking his dog the day the google map van passed him!

River Rother Fav is a real person. I've been to his home. He organised a meet up at the Stag pub where others off this site met to collect their pre Wembley T-Shirts for Millers mad on tour. Still got mine. Also met Poddington at the same meeting.

Others missing I seem to recall are Soulman, my old PE Teacher at school who had a great Ford RS Mexico Blue in colour. What a car that was and boy what would it be worth today? Reg PEJ ???

Is Beryl still alive? One of Foos best friends.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast