+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matcthread Origins and Posters.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Matcthread Origins and Posters.

Tuesdays Matchthread against MKD there were 29 posters postings with 232 post. It's a thread that usually has members from all over the world joining in having a laugh win, lose or draw.

Does anyone know the origins of the Matchthread?

When I joined the board the Matchread was run by a Poster called Redduke66 or Duke who this board is named after.
    Apparently he used to take his lap top to the match and give live posts of the action. In addition Bigrich used to put a commentary up before the licensing laws changed and denied the feeds.

Up until the 2010 trip to Wembley there were many more posters who joined in. For one reason or another they have drifted away but all had an impact when they joined in. I was wondering if you could remember or name some of the posters who used to participate.

Clar
    River Rother Faith
    Samuel Vimes ?
    Keswickmiller

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Tuesdays Matchthread against MKD there were 29 posters postings with 232 post. It's a thread that usually has members from all over the world joining in having a laugh win, lose or draw.

Does anyone know the origins of the Matchthread?

When I joined the board the Matchread was run by a Poster called Redduke66 or Duke who this board is named after.
    Apparently he used to take his lap top to the match and give live posts of the action. In addition Bigrich used to put a commentary up before the licensing laws changed and denied the feeds.

Up until the 2010 trip to Wembley there were many more posters who joined in. For one reason or another they have drifted away but all had an impact when they joined in. I was wondering if you could remember or name some of the posters who used to participate.

Clar
    River Rother Faith
    Samuel Vimes ?
    Keswickmiller
    Arnt they all Special K’s aliases lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Clar said that he was living in the USA. From what I remember, the timings of most of his posts would fit that, although he could have been a Rotherham-based shift worker I suppose, or a "Gino"-type musical performer.

I don't know about the others.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 17-03-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Clar said that he was living in the USA. From what I remember, the timings of most of his posts would fit that, although he could have been a Rotherham-based shift worker I suppose, or a "Gino"-type musical performer.

I don't know about the others.
    I think clar adopted goni and his dog Chester.

I think clar adopted goni and his dog Chester.
    I heard Chester went deaf and had to be put down, he used to lay next to Ginos AMP...terribly said.

didnt they also have a brother whose name could be mentioned?
    Last edited by gm_gm; 19-03-2018 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I heard Chester went deaf and had to be put down, he used to lay next to Ginos AMP...terribly said.

didnt they also have a brother whose name could be mentioned?
    Was alcohol consumed during their chats?

No They're not Silly

Clar lived in America
    RRF definately lived in Rotherham and organised MillersMad Tee-shirts for the 2010 visit to Wembley
    Keswick well he lived in Keswick
    Samuel was good mates with RRF

I met RRF on the tube when we played D&R at Wembley. I had only just joined MM but obviously his t-shirt did the trick

No They're not Silly

Clar lived in America
    RRF definately lived in Rotherham and organised MillersMad Tee-shirts for the 2010 visit to Wembley
    Keswick well he lived in Keswick
    Samuel was good mates with RRF
    I wasn’t actually serious just a little joke since K’s supposed to have 1000 accounts 😂

I wasn’t actually serious just a little joke since K’s supposed to have 1000 accounts ��
    Sorry.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast