+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Mansfield Town 17/03/18

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I wasn't there and haven't seen the penalty decision but judging by the posts on here it shows what a difficult job the ref has.
    It must be roughly a 50-50 split on this thread on whether it was a penalty or not.
    But time and again we sit back for the last 15 or so minutes to protect a lead or point and cock it up, it is so frustrating.
    Yes we did sit back 61 and yes, it was frustrating. I still don't think it was a penalty but can see why others do.Lets be clear to those who weren't there though, the only way Mansfield were going to score was with a little help from the referee .
    Last edited by navypie; 17-03-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    As I thought, yet another "I don't care about tiny little Notts in the slightest (unless things go badly for them)" Forest fan!

Serious question, would you have come on here if the roles were reversed and Notts had been awarded a 90+8 penalty in identical circumstances to equalise against Mansfield?
    I care about Notts as you effect our attendances. There's roughly 10000 non plastic football fans in Notts supporting you instead of Forest.

Mansfield fans don't gob off about Forest. Don't kick the proverbial bear and then moan when it growls at you.

Anyway clear penalty and two points dropped.

How's Grant getting on, have his performances improved? His drop in form correlates with Warburton's sacking if I'm not mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    I'm merely offering opinion after being subjected to listening to a scouse mard for the 2nd week in a row so my intrigue to the injustice was rife. Sadly I've been disappointed and my respect for said mardy scouser has dimished further.

As for our season, it's been as expected. Mid table and far from the predictions on here of "playing in the same league as them next season" back in January.
    I didn't know you was a Forest fan until Elite pointed it out. I have never been on the Forest board and never will because to be honest, I don't give a f00k about your team. But seeing you was only offering an " opinion" I will offer you mine. Forest spend millions upon millions every year just to get shyter and shyter.

ps. I was offered free tickets for the Reading game , when Emmerdale's on !
    Last edited by navypie; 17-03-2018 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macse15 View Post
    Of course it’s gloating! And of course they care!Just like when Notts fans go onto a Forest v Yeovil thread or any other suitable thread to twist the knife! If we give it we have to take it.... and that’s coming from from someone who hasn’t ever done that. I will never hate them because I’m proud I chose Notts County instead of them and would choose Notts County again if I had my time again. I’m sure you would too!
    Correct, given 100 choices I would choose Notts over the scum 100 times in a heartbeat. If I posted at the time of their Yeovil debacle (gutted I didn't get the chance as I was on holiday) it would have been open gloating, not this sort of "just a neutral giving their opinion" post. I've already asked him if he would have posted had the situation been reversed, I eagerly await his reply.

I care about Notts.
    I had worked that out for myself.

How's Grant getting on, have his performances improved? His drop in form correlates with Warburton's sacking if I'm not mistaken?
    You are mistaken. Grant's dip in form happened before Warburton was sacked. Maybe his impressive goals record made him a marked man by the opposition, but he's not offered his early season threat for a while. I thought his best work today was defensively, he didn't do a lot going forwards. Still good to have in the squad, but I'd be surprised if he forged a career above League One level.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the clear red card decision they got away with. In the scuffle that followed the foul on Stead right in front of me, their fat no. 7 ran across and clearly pushed (I think) Noble to the ground in full view of the ref, 4th official and DP lino. After much consultation (and a strong hint from the DP stand of "seven, seven, seven") when they looked perplexed, they took no action!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the clear red card decision they got away with. In the scuffle that followed the foul on Stead right in front of me, their fat no. 7 ran across and clearly pushed (I think) Noble to the ground in full view of the ref, 4th official and DP lino. After much consultation (and a strong hint from the DP stand of "seven, seven, seven") when they looked perplexed, they took no action!!!!
    Was a clear red. Ref bottled it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    It annoys me on TV when the pundits say "it's human nature" to sit back if you're defending a lead. Well fight it! We're talking about professional footballers here, not kids. You need to have the discipline to tell yourself not to fall into that holding pattern, and show the courage to keep making the attacking runs, even when it feels easier or safer to stick in position. It isn't some supernatural force which holds you back.
    We’ve seen it time and time again not just with Notts but other teams. The best form of defence is attack and when we do go forward and attack I think we can be unplayable.

Holding a two or three goal lead I can understand it, but a 1-0 lead is a scoreline that can very quickly become 1-1 and 1-2. The more a team is under pressure and sits back the more it invites the the opposition on and you see the opposing teams confidence increase and they are more positive and take more chances. So many times you can “see it coming” when the opposition end up scoring in this way.

Had we won the game 1-0 it would have been branded an excellent defensive performance in the second half and a well earned clean sheet. I’m not denying we did not play well defensively today because we did for 98minutes as they had little on target shots. Likewise we were the same. Todays performance was a million times better than games at Field Mill and past games at Meadow Lane.

It’s frustrating that our attacking threat was limited in that last 20 min and at 1-0 up at home as a fan you want to see your team push on get the second goal and see the game out or kill the opposition off. At home we can do it otherwise we would not have had as good a year at home in many years

Wycombe at home on Good Friday is also a massive game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    Video shows it was a definite penalty - cant blame the ref, we sat back and let them play in our half. Fatal mistake that we make time and time again!!
    I only saw it the once on iFollow and my automatic reaction was "peno"......why Nolo keeps blaming the ref is beyond me....why take off your midfield boss and MOM, and bring on Mr Geriatric defies comprehension?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Couldn’t make it today, so what do I know and to concede a dodgy penno on 99 minutes is a kick in the guts. However I think Nolan has lost some confidence in the players since the turn of the year which is why it seems we sit back when we get a lead, and more often than not lose it.

That and the lack of pace up front means teams can push forward with little chance of getting caught on the break. Got to go to Chessie next week and win by at least a couple, they’re crap.
    Spot on, we really need to smash Chesterfield next week.....no excuses, they are clearly garbage and if I hear "we have to be careful...they will up their game" one more time, I am going to effing flip and get barred.....go up there, knock in a couple of early goals....then double it in the 2nd half

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast