+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Match Thread vs. Mansfield Town 17/03/18

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I had worked that out for myself.
    Nope you didn't as you invented a scenario in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You are mistaken. Grant's dip in form happened before Warburton was sacked. Maybe his impressive goals record made him a marked man by the opposition, but he's not offered his early season threat for a while. I thought his best work today was defensively, he didn't do a lot going forwards. Still good to have in the squad, but I'd be surprised if he forged a career above League One level.
    He scored 8 goals in the same amount of time prior to Warburton's sacking compared to just 1 goal in the proceeding 2.5 months. Warburton was sacked on the 31st of December, in that same month Jorge scored 3 goals.

Like I said just scoring the single goal since suggests he could be worrying about not having a future at Forest and isn't enjoying his goal scoring game.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I thought at the time Hawkridge hadn't touched it . Having watched it several times I still don't think he did. You're right, it did just seem to spin back so maybe he should be Shola's goal.
    Thinking about it , if Tezza did get a touch then it was the only touch he had all game. He was terrible !!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Thinking about it , if Tezza did get a touch then it was the only touch he had all game. He was terrible !!
    He bottled so many 50-50’s yesterday giving away potential possession to us.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    From what I can tell: 9/10 refs would have given the penalty, but only 1/100 would have still been playing that game at 98 minutes.
    Spot on. Unfortunately, having watched it from various angles, I'd definitely have given the pen. I'd like to think I'd have stopped the clock over 2 minutes earlier though.

On another note, while Noble was being pushed to the floor by MacDonald, Stead appears to have been having a right old laugh about the whole affair

Name:  Notts-County-v-Mansfield-To031JPG.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  70.6 KB

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  11.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    On another note, while Noble was being pushed to the floor by MacDonald, Stead appears to have been having a right old laugh about the whole affair

I'm often critical of Stead, but the guy's a legend really. Great pro, great attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

He was counting his match win bonus.....oooops, a bit too early there son....many a slip twixt pocket of AH and sky rocket!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314