+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Mansfield Town 17/03/18

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I completely agree Jackal. We did not draw the game today due to the penalty even though the offence was outside the area , we drew because we did not have enough of a threat to get the second goal and put the game to bed, instead opting to hold on to what we had for the last 20min and injury time. It’s as simple as that in my opinion.
    It annoys me on TV when the pundits say "it's human nature" to sit back if you're defending a lead. Well fight it! We're talking about professional footballers here, not kids. You need to have the discipline to tell yourself not to fall into that holding pattern, and show the courage to keep making the attacking runs, even when it feels easier or safer to stick in position. It isn't some supernatural force which holds you back.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Me too, although Allesso’s feet were outside the area his arm was inside.
    What a gutting way to drop 2 points... I was in the pub here watching the rugby (something i am not really bothered with) but all the time on my phone updating the score, went to the toilet and when I came back one of the boys shouted penalty to Mansfield!!! I thought he was having a laugh but sadly he wasn't, just saw it now and its definitely ball to hand which is even more heartbreaking... anyway as the boys here are saying (all English by the way) just enjoy Paddys day with your Grand Slam... I would have taken a hammering from England today if it meant 3 points for the pies

Couldn’t make it today, so what do I know and to concede a dodgy penno on 99 minutes is a kick in the guts. However I think Nolan has lost some confidence in the players since the turn of the year which is why it seems we sit back when we get a lead, and more often than not lose it.

That and the lack of pace up front means teams can push forward with little chance of getting caught on the break. Got to go to Chessie next week and win by at least a couple, they’re crap.

Clear penalty.

I hope Nolan has the integrity to apologise to the ref publicly after again lambasting the officials on radio Nottingham.

He makes Evans sound reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Couldn’t make it today, so what do I know and to concede a dodgy penno on 99 minutes is a kick in the guts. However I think Nolan has lost some confidence in the players since the turn of the year which is why it seems we sit back when we get a lead, and more often than not lose it.

That and the lack of pace up front means teams can push forward with little chance of getting caught on the break. Got to go to Chessie next week and win by at least a couple, they’re crap.
    The number of times our forwards, no matter who they are, actually get control of the ball that's been hoofed up to them are so few that it makes me wonder why Nolan persists with this "tactic". Today our whole midfield withdrew deep into our own half for the last fif**** minutes, this can only be following Nolan's instructions. This was followed by the introduction of Smith for Noble. Now I'm an admirer of Smithy but this move left us with little choice but the long ball and fingers crossed, I thought a better move, as we were not trying for another goal, would have been to take off Stead or Ameobi so Smith could add to the midfield . Not just Mansfield but many teams have taken advantage of this negativity to push forward and punt ball after ball into our penalty area with little chance of interruption from our midfield, it's surprising to me we don't get walloped more often.

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    Clear penalty.

I hope Nolan has the integrity to apologise to the ref publicly after again lambasting the officials on radio Nottingham.

He makes Evans sound reasonable.
    Was you there today ? I have now seen it on the telly and it doesn't look to clever but nothing beats being there live , and like I said, we were right in line. No penalty ..... and this is from a bloke who as been lambasted on here for saying Notts got lucky with sending offs and the like this season. I do agree with you about Nolan though , sometimes I just wish he would give it a rest. To say he makes Evans sound " reasonable " though is laughable . This is a bloke who claims they should have 4 or 5 penalties every game , always looking for excuses . I also went to the tin pot trophy game this season against them and have never heard such foul mouthed language from a manager .His assistant Raynor was just as bad.
    Last edited by navypie; 17-03-2018 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    Clear penalty.
    Allow me to expand on that. It's a clear penalty only if you have a distinct bias (must admit I'm curious as to why a Forest fan should be so interested in a Notts v Mansfield thread). If you're a Stag it's stonewall, if you're a Magpie it's accidental and outside the box, if you're a Forest fan then what the f*ck are you doing here? To any neutral it's one of those borderline decisions, which has inspired me to start a whole new discussion, which will commence once I've done as I'm told and washed the dinner pots. Congratulations on your fabulous 0-0 draw by the way garibaldi, can we look forward to a 16 page pullout in appreciation?

Our season was over long ago EP
    Though it was looking like a last game of the season job again, at one point. We couldn't buy a win.
    The sacking of Warburton is looking good business at the moment. That's 3 clean sheets in a row, when not so long ago, we was leaking like the Italian border.
    Solve that striker problem and I'm optimistic again.

As for Notts, yes the penalty probably was harsh. But that's football innit?
    We all blame refs, but try one in a cup final who admits after a game, that he didn't send a player off because he felt sorry for him.

it just doesn't hit his hand, he punches the ball clear of the area, though he's stands outside the box his arm is in the area. What was he thinking Name:  AlQXv_f-thumbnail-100-0_s-600x0.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  32.1 KB

It’s sickening EP but nowt to do with Forest

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast