+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Mansfield Town 17/03/18

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Spot on. I couldn't believe it when Angol nearly caught the ball and nothing was given but it hits Lewis , ball to hand and is outside the box , penalty. I couldn't say for sure if their player should have sent off , not from where we were sat but he defiantly went flying in. I actually didn't think the ref was that bad but he certainly seem to favour Mansfield and gave them all the major decisions.

ps. Did anyone else notice when they hit the side netting , the ref points for a goal kick , no appeals from the Mansfield players . He then swings his arm around and points for a corner , even they looked surprised!
    The guy who flew into the tackle that started the scrap (Benning) was rightly booked, but their number 7 - the fat ******* - then got involved and threw Noble to the ground. Apart from that it was just pushing and shoving, but surely it's a definite red for what he did.

Yeah that corner decision was weird. It looked to me like Collin didn't touch it (great save if he did) but the ref had other ideas.

In answer to where the ref gets the additional time from..in my opinion a lot of it comes from the ball boys who are so obviously instructed to rush if we are losing and get the ball back in play as soon as possible. However when we are winning like yesterday they slowly walk to the ball then walk and give the ball back to the keeper etc or at best roll it so it doesn’t reach the keeper.
    The ref picks up on this and allows extra time. 2 subs were made in extra time yesterday also hence more time being added on.

Did Hawkridge actually score yesterday. Thought the header hit the bar, bounced and spun back over the line without anyone seemingly touching it!

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah, tough job, but with such a massive call you have to be 100% sure in order to give it. Could the ref be 100% sure that was a penalty? I'm still not sure after seeing the replay several times.

As always, it's the inconsistency that pisses me off. Yesterday at least one blatant handball wasn't given, but then he had no problem giving the one at the end. Stead was repeatedly fouled by their CB and nothing was given. Their number 7 pretty much grabbed someone by the throat and threw them to the ground, but didn't even get a booking. For a ref who couldn't spot that stuff, why then have zero problem spotting the Allesandra's handball? To me it looked like ball to hand (he was turning - you can't do that with arms at your side) and pretty much on the edge of the area. On top of that we were 8 minutes into injury time. So frustrating.
    Everything you say is that Notts and only Notts were hard done by which comes cross as a typical biased fan. That is not a knock at you because all fans think on similar lines. Speak to a Stags fan he would disagree with you and his idea of the ref would probably be he gave them nothing (apart from the late penalty) which they deserved. It is the way fans think.

Quote Originally Posted by FRT 87 View Post
    In answer to where the ref gets the additional time from..in my opinion a lot of it comes from the ball boys who are so obviously instructed to rush if we are losing and get the ball back in play as soon as possible. However when we are winning like yesterday they slowly walk to the ball then walk and give the ball back to the keeper etc or at best roll it so it doesn’t reach the keeper.
    The ref picks up on this and allows extra time. 2 subs were made in extra time yesterday also hence more time being added on.

Did Hawkridge actually score yesterday. Thought the header hit the bar, bounced and spun back over the line without anyone seemingly touching it!
    Ask Hawkridge.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    The guy who flew into the tackle that started the scrap (Benning) was rightly booked, but their number 7 - the fat ******* - then got involved and threw Noble to the ground. Apart from that it was just pushing and shoving, but surely it's a definite red for what he did.

Yeah that corner decision was weird. It looked to me like Collin didn't touch it (great save if he did) but the ref had other ideas.
    Like I said , I couldn't see from where we were sat but from what people have said , it sounds like he should been sent packing. I do however think that we have had the rub of the green regarding a couple of sending offs at home this season. Doesn't excuse the fact if he should have gone, then he should have gone .
    Last edited by navypie; 18-03-2018 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Spot on. I couldn't believe it when Angol nearly caught the ball and nothing was given but it hits Lewis , ball to hand and is outside the box , penalty. I couldn't say for sure if their player should have sent off , not from where we were sat but he defiantly went flying in. I actually didn't think the ref was that bad but he certainly seem to favour Mansfield and gave them all the major decisions.

ps. Did anyone else notice when they hit the side netting , the ref points for a goal kick , no appeals from the Mansfield players . He then swings his arm around and points for a corner , even they looked surprised!
    'Defiant flying' should definitely be classed as a yellow card offence at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Everything you say is that Notts and only Notts were hard done by which comes cross as a typical biased fan. That is not a knock at you because all fans think on similar lines. Speak to a Stags fan he would disagree with you and his idea of the ref would probably be he gave them nothing (apart from the late penalty) which they deserved. It is the way fans think.
    Obviously fans are biased but I do try to look at things from all angles & refrain from blaming refs every game, however yesterday I thought we were unlucky on 3 counts.
    1. Was it inside the area? having had a good look on Tele probably just but it was close & many refs would have played safe & given a free kick.
    2. Was it intentional? he certainly seemed to throw out an arm but look closely & he could very easily have been just trying to keep his balance in icy conditions, did the ref take the treacherous conditions into account?
    3. 99th minute? having rightly or wrongly added an extra 7 minutes on I suspect that most refs would have blown as soon as this expired but this guy seemed determined to hit the headlines.
    Add these 3 points together & I think it's fair to say that we were unlucky but I still believe that refs at our level are incompetent rather than biased against us in any way so let's hope that it evens itself out before the end of the season. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    'Defiant flying' should definitely be classed as a yellow card offence at the very least.
    predictive text and not checking........... but no excuses............I have said on several occasions that I'm defiantly not very good at written English............well at least it made you happy........

ps...........looked at some grammar software but i cant possibly afford or justify that sort of money.............anyway........asked the wife if she could buy it for my birthday...........not until November so hopefully you're still around then...........er......I only mean on here off(or of) course!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FRT 87 View Post

I thought at the time Hawkridge hadn't touched it . Having watched it several times I still don't think he did. You're right, it did just seem to spin back so maybe he should be Shola's goal.

The penalty arrived because we constantly kept giving them the ball back, who said the best form of defence is attack, our tactics cost us 2 points, not the ref.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast