+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Mansfield Town 17/03/18

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    What about the stoppage time? Was there really 11 mins worth?
    Mmmmm...11 seems a bit high.....Mansfield player went down twice for 3 or 4 minutes each time plus there were a few corners where the ball kept blowing away and they had to keep re~spotting it....not sure if he was adding time on for that

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    They're also talking about a clear handball by a Mansfield player earlier that wasn't given, so how can that one be?
    There were a couple of good shouts early on but the ref deemed it to be down to the conditions, high winds and blustery snow affecting the long ball......in the case of the peno given, it was 2 players face~to~face......just my 6 cents worth

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    The guy is awesome, him and Hewey had midfield sewn up.....until Nolo decided to bring him off, for Smith!!!....I am so angry I could scream....AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Here here!!!

The guy is awesome, him and Hewey had midfield sewn up.....until Nolo decided to bring him off, for Smith!!!....I am so angry I could scream....AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"Smith is obviously better than Noble - wonder why Smith didn't start the match?"

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    "Smith is obviously better than Noble - wonder why Smith didn't start the match?"
    I get the "shore up midfield, and run down the clock in injury time" ploy......so bring Shola off and stick Smith on with a 4~5~1 formation......why take off the MOM who was already bossing midfield?.....poor judgement IMO, and slagging off the ref, who I thought had a decent match in horrible conditions, smacks of desperation

I need to get the opinion of the guys returning from the game....maybe they will see it differently, no idea

This is what happens when you do not score the 2nd goal, take off my MOM Nobsa, let them have the midfield and sit deeper and deeper around your own box......2 points tossed away....why change a system that is working?....in injury time ffs?

IMO it was a penalty, clear hand~ball in front of the ref
    Agreed. We were the better team 1st half and deserved to be a goal in front. 2nd half we decided to 'park the bus' as usual and then 'shock, horror', Mansfield manage to find an equaliser. 2 pts thrown away, Nolo.

Noble and hewitt were immense but from what i saw noble picked up an injury otherwise wouldnt think nolan would of subbed him. Bleeding ref

Think we should of taken shola off bit more pace up front was needed we had plenty of chances to play someone through but no pace.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    "Anyone notice anything odd about the ref - ie; did he have 11 fingers
    Now you mention it he did only hold one hand up to indicate how many extra minutes he would be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    That can’t be right as the Goat herder and Banjostring pie know everything even they weren’t there and can’t see what’s happening in reality!

Good result, unlucky it couldn’t have been more, great performance bodes well for the rest of the season (opinion from someone who was actually there)
    Sometimes people watching on a tv screen have a better view than those that were there, also they perhaps can look at a replay. It makes me smile when the kop shout for corners and penalties at the Meadow lane end.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast