+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Mansfield Town 17/03/18

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Allow me to expand on that. It's a clear penalty only if you have a distinct bias (must admit I'm curious as to why a Forest fan should be so interested in a Notts v Mansfield thread). If you're a Stag it's stonewall, if you're a Magpie it's accidental and outside the box, if you're a Forest fan then what the f*ck are you doing here? To any neutral it's one of those borderline decisions, which has inspired me to start a whole new discussion, which will commence once I've done as I'm told and washed the dinner pots. Congratulations on your fabulous 0-0 draw by the way garibaldi, can we look forward to a 16 page pullout in appreciation?
    It's clear from video evidence, to the referee and to a few Notts fans on here and Twitter. Maybe it's you who's wrong duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Our season was over long ago EP
    Though it was looking like a last game of the season job again, at one point. We couldn't buy a win.
    The sacking of Warburton is looking good business at the moment. That's 3 clean sheets in a row, when not so long ago, we was leaking like the Italian border.
    Solve that striker problem and I'm optimistic again.

As for Notts, yes the penalty probably was harsh. But that's football innit?
    We all blame refs, but try one in a cup final who admits after a game, that he didn't send a player off because he felt sorry for him.
    Why would any Notts fan give a **** if you feel Forest should have been once awarded a penalty in the dim and distant past.
    Last edited by navypie; 17-03-2018 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macse15 View Post
    It’s sickening EP but nowt to do with Forest
    It's sickening, but it becomes something to do with Forest when their fans decide to enter a Notts v Mansfield match thread. Do you honestly think they would be on here if the roles were reversed? It's just thinly veiled gloating about a team they really, really don't care about!

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    It's clear from video evidence, to the referee and to a few Notts fans on here and Twitter. Maybe it's you who's wrong duck.
    I don't often agree with Elite but why the **** are you on here ? Why don't you fack off and take trickytryoneinacupfinal with you !
    Last edited by navypie; 17-03-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I don't often agree with Elite but why the **** are you on here ? Why don't you fack off and tack trickytryoneinacupfinal with you !
    He's here to gloat - nothing more, nothing less. At least it shows what their season has come to!

That was an absolutely crushing way to lose two points and miss-out on finally ending our Stags hoodoo, but I disagree with Nolan that it wasn’t a penalty (I was bang in-line) and some of the posts here that have been critical of our approach; I thought for once we got the balance about right between protecting our lead and threatening at the other end but suffered from having two v slow strikers who were unable to exploit the space in-behind on the breakaway (Why was Forte not on the bench?). Also thought the wrong player came off for each sub; why take-off the defensively-strong Hawkridge for Alessandra and MOTM Noble for Smith?!

That said, overall there were far more positives than negatives. There seemed to be more semblance of a plan today; it was direct but direct with purpose and we dominated the game. The six players in the centre all gave strong performances with Hewitt and Noble dominating the midfield battle. More performances like that against those around us and we should be there or thereabouts.

I'm merely offering opinion after being subjected to listening to a scouse mard for the 2nd week in a row so my intrigue to the injustice was rife. Sadly I've been disappointed and my respect for said mardy scouser has dimished further.

As for our season, it's been as expected. Mid table and far from the predictions on here of "playing in the same league as them next season" back in January.

I wasn't there and haven't seen the penalty decision but judging by the posts on here it shows what a difficult job the ref has.
    It must be roughly a 50-50 split on this thread on whether it was a penalty or not.
    But time and again we sit back for the last 15 or so minutes to protect a lead or point and cock it up, it is so frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    I'm merely offering opinion after being subjected to listening to a scouse mard for the 2nd week in a row so my intrigue to the injustice was rife. Sadly I've been disappointed and my respect for said mardy scouser has dimished further.

As for our season, it's been as expected. Mid table and far from the predictions on here of "playing in the same league as them next season" back in January.
    As I thought, yet another "I don't care about tiny little Notts in the slightest (unless things go badly for them)" Forest fan!

Serious question, would you have come on here if the roles were reversed and Notts had been awarded a 90+8 penalty in identical circumstances to equalise against Mansfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's sickening, but it becomes something to do with Forest when their fans decide to enter a Notts v Mansfield match thread. Do you honestly think they would be on here if the roles were reversed? It's just thinly veiled gloating about a team they really, really don't care about!
    Of course it’s gloating! And of course they care!Just like when Notts fans go onto a Forest v Yeovil thread or any other suitable thread to twist the knife! If we give it we have to take it.... and that’s coming from from someone who hasn’t ever done that. I will never hate them because I’m proud I chose Notts County instead of them and would choose Notts County again if I had my time again. I’m sure you would too!

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast