+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Absolute dross

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Our new consortium have trotted out a few times the line that we will grow commercial income at the club and that will be the main source of money for the transfer/wages budget. This apparently will be done by developing us as a global brand people want to be associated with. This was the French CEO's role at Lens before he came here.
    The club is rapidly losing it's local community feeling and "soul" and Roma's post last neet abart hearing the club may be finishing links with Becketts, Palmer Construction and ? concerns me. I can't see the much promised improved "matchday experience" bringing in much. Apart from rocketting up Season Ticket/ matchday ticket prices which will lead to fans leaving in droves the only other main source would seem to be income from hotel/leisure/retail developments which is their core business.
    Well we either want them to up the budget by getting bigger sponsors or we want them to stay with the local building firm and stay a community club.

What bleeding good is having electronic advertising boards with Chinese writing on them rotating round our pitch gonna be in league 1? We get dogsh1t coverage as a championship club on sky ennyrooard. 2 live frigging games all season In League 1 we may as well forget it. Who's gonna see it to increase awareness of Barnsley fc in foreign countries? As far as I'm aware the top two divisions(mainly Premiership) are covered far more than anything else. Far eastern football fans probably don't know that league 1 even exists.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Well we either want them to up the budget by getting bigger sponsors or we want them to stay with the local building firm and stay a community club.
    Or we stay as a community club and the new owners put in the slightest fraction of their enormous wealth (within FFP rules which we alone seem to follow) as a donation rather than a loan.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    This is the thing isn't it , in my opinion the way to grow revenue starts with having a successful football team and that requires a dam sight more investment than we have seen .

There is no getting past this , advertisers outside of the town will only be attracted to pay large sums of money if we are successful and attract far more tv and media coverage .

There's too much competition in this area to be able to attract the bigger players in this field .

It's bang for your buck for me .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Or we stay as a community club and the new owners put in the slightest fraction of their enormous wealth (within FFP rules which we alone seem to follow) as a donation rather than a loan.
    Doubtful that would happen, they’re businessmen who’ll want to increase revenue where possible not pay out of their pockets . Like I said in a previous post there’s not many owners who just give money to a football club unless they are boyhood fans

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    This is the thing isn't it , in my opinion the way to grow revenue starts with having a successful football team and that requires a dam sight more investment than we have seen .

There is no getting past this , advertisers outside of the town will only be attracted to pay large sums of money if we are successful and attract far more tv and media coverage .

There's too much competition in this area to be able to attract the bigger players in this field .

It's bang for your buck for me .
    It just goes in circles doesn’t it , they either get better players in and borrow money against the club to pay for them (debt ) or pay out of their own pockets which rarely happens with football club owners .

Or they can try and increase other incomes

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456