+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute dross

Yes a do read BBS Acido and read your posts on there but dunt pooast missen.

A made my thoughts clear abart Jose when he came. I sed he wo a bullsh1tter like a used to hear new managers starting at work bullsh1tting.. His press conferences are indeed full of bullsh1t phrases.

I put the blame on those appointing Jose and the lack of serious Championship quality short term player investment in January when it became clear the spreadsheet had failed last summer. It seems it is OK to blame Head Coach Heckingbottom for not getting results out of this squad but not Head Coach Morais who has the same squad plus McBurnie, Moore, Mills, Knasmuller and Mahoney.

Heckingbottom--- W6 D10 L15 Points per game 0.903

Morais----W1 D2 L4 Points per game 0.714

Well what a load of absolute garbage that was looked like a team of strangers again!
    But I still BELIEVE........that we will be relegated!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Yes a do read BBS Acido and read your posts on there but dunt pooast missen.

A made my thoughts clear abart Jose when he came. I sed he wo a bullsh1tter like a used to hear new managers starting at work bullsh1tting.. His press conferences are indeed full of bullsh1t phrases.

I put the blame on those appointing Jose and the lack of serious Championship quality short term player investment in January when it became clear the spreadsheet had failed last summer. It seems it is OK to blame Head Coach Heckingbottom for not getting results out of this squad but not Head Coach Morais who has the same squad plus McBurnie, Moore, Mills, Knasmuller and Mahoney.

Heckingbottom--- W6 D10 L15 Points per game 0.903

Morais----W1 D2 L4 Points per game 0.714
    I think the 4-3-3 system he employs tells you much about the HC and his possible lack of coaching players of this ability .

4-3-3 is a system that teams who generally boss possession adopt , your Man City's , Barca and Real Madrid's .

They have the pedigree and ability to play that way and teams have to counter it , we are seeing it exploited because we don't have the talent or pedigree to pull it off .

An early success away at Brum clearly had him thinking he was on to something .

This isn't so much a dig at the HC but I'm with SB in the fact he's possibly not right for a club fighting relegation in the championship .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    "I prefer smacking zombies and Germans on my Ps4"

Never heard it referred to like that before ?
    How about you Ponte?
    Ohh I suppose you have an XBox One eh do you fancy pants ?.
    Actually I know what your on about Exile, but keep it quiet eh on here, I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it as nobody noticed (just like when Basil Forty mentioned the war a few times and he still thought nobody noticed).

Quote Originally Posted by anstonred View Post
    SB, I’ll have a go at blaming Jose! I appreciate he didn’t sign the players but the formation is not working & he won’t change it either during a match or for the next one
    McBurnie was always wide left (often a wingback) & looked poor there, leaving Moore on his own up front - we clearly can’t (or won’t) play this formation so gior wi it - mcBurnie up front with Moore! Tactics seem clueless - who on earth has told Thiam he can take corners cos he can’t? Jose should have stopped this!
    Not good enough by the players but also not good enough by the coach!
    McBurnie needs to be in the Centre . I can see that he’s trying to get the big man in the middle but McBurnie is so clinical he’s got to be in the box

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    McBurnie needs to be in the Centre . I can see that he’s trying to get the big man in the middle but McBurnie is so clinical he’s got to be in the box
    It sounds simple doesnt it Esr, and when you/we look at Ollie's goals they have all come from good crosses from the wings... apart from the goal against the Fowls, which was all his own work admittedly.
    I dont like the idea of the long hoof it stuff, but I just wish we could play to Ollie's strengths a bit more. And for me, this means a good strike partner who can share the 'heavy load' of goalscoring between them.
    Last edited by Acido; 17-03-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    It sounds simple doesnt it Esr, and when you/we look at Ollie's goals they have all come from good crosses from the wings... apart from the goal against the Fowls, which was all his own work admittedly.
    I dont like the idea of the long hoof it stuff, but I just wish we could play to Ollie's strengths a bit more. And for me, this means a good strike partner who can share the 'heavy load' of goalscoring between them.
    So the smart move would be to go 4-4-2 and have some width , Hammill left side , Isgrove on the right .

Moore and McBurnie the two central strikers , seems pretty straightforward given both Moore and McBurnie have a presence with the ball in the air .

This is one of the things about foreign coaches and english football , they don't get the value of proper on the touchline wide players .

I don't think for one minute Harris the Millwall coach is a tactical genius , Hecky did him like a kipper in the play off final withdrawing Winnall slightly and leaving their two centre backs wondering who to mark but he gets the best out of what he's got and it's fairly basic stuff .

The dwarf was another one , making it complicated when there wasn't a need to do so in league one .

McBurnie and Moore thrive on crosses , is it really that hard to figure that out ? .

What are you saying there Animal, are you asking me as somebody who always stuck up for Hecky like you did ?.
    I cant help but think that your loving the "I told you so" stuff.
    And go on then, tell me Im wrong to think that.
    Last edited by Acido; 18-03-2018 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    So the smart move would be to go 4-4-2 and have some width , Hammill left side , Isgrove on the right .

Moore and McBurnie the two central strikers , seems pretty straightforward given both Moore and McBurnie have a presence with the ball in the air .

This is one of the things about foreign coaches and english football , they don't get the value of proper on the touchline wide players .

I don't think for one minute Harris the Millwall coach is a tactical genius , Hecky did him like a kipper in the play off final withdrawing Winnall slightly and leaving their two centre backs wondering who to mark but he gets the best out of what he's got and it's fairly basic stuff .

The dwarf was another one , making it complicated when there wasn't a need to do so in league one .

McBurnie and Moore thrive on crosses , is it really that hard to figure that out ? .
    I think we’ve been worse playing 442 . He tried that first game against Burton and we’ve been better since he changed it .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    What are you saying there Animal, are you asking me as somebody who always stuck up for Hecky like you did ?.
    I cant help but think that your loving the "I told you so" stuff.
    And go on then, tell me Im wrong to think that.
    You couldn't be more wrong acido , why on earth would i I'd ever want to see the club struggling just to score points ?

You havin a laff acido ?

The deal here is pretty simple , like it or not the club drove the former HC out and up the M1 , they knew better than he did is the vibes I'm getting .

He wore it as much as was humanly possible before he took the opportunity to get out while he still had a career .

Now I ain't saying he ticked every box because he didn't but we'd have had more chance of staying up with him in charge and more importantly his opinions valued .

Are you seriously telling me the current HC is better placed to guide this ship to safer waters given the situation he's inherited , his lack of a genuine record under his own steam , his lack of any real commitment to a job given the club's he's involved himself with , the fact that he's made a ton of money on the back of pay off's , really !!! , nobody else in the championship bothered to hire him given it's competitive nature and the size of club's he associated himself with .

This isn't a point scoring exercise acido it's an opinion based on what I see .

The demise of the club is a collective failure in my opinion , you seemed to point all the blame on the former HC , it wasn't so .

There are some seriously flawed individuals within the club in my opinion , some have departed and some remain and the new owners again in my opinion are out of their depth with the current situation .

The fans as ever remain , when someone actually considers their feelings it will be the first time for many a long year .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast