+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Low

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Results and performances dived at the same time our best players got injured, funny that.
    How many times are you going to use this feeble excuse???
    Two players don’t make a team, and if week in/week out we were seeing weakness in those same areas, then I’d agree, but we’re not, and seeing weakness all over the place, so your argument doesn’t hold water!!

We get a quality RB on emergency loan, but play a honking player there instead, go figure!!

The manager continually plays King, who can’t even take a fecking decent corner for feck sake!

The keeper is now a bombscare, but continually gets a game??

We keep playing one up front, and too many holding midfielders, it’s no wonder we’re not winning games, as the saying goes, “the best form of defence is attack”, sadly lost on the current incumbent!!!

The list goes on, and I fecking despair with that, and the likes of you...
    Last edited by ballumbie_arab; 18-03-2018 at 03:15 PM.

It's not an excuse, it's a fact. Even when Fraser came on yesterday you could see the difference in the team. Any team losing their two best players would have problems, it's actually quite depressing the number of fans that can't see the problem this has caused us.

We were losing and drawing games when both Fraser and Fyvie were in the starting 11- we really need to stop using the "players are injured" as an excuse for the team under performing.

St Mirren have a few of their key players out injured, but they are still running away with the league title.

I am not a fan of changing managers all the time, but equally it can't be right to reward failure.

I think it's a combination of the players under performing and the manager getting his formation wrong - but having a few players out injured should not change the team's ability to win games and play with passion and determination.

What if the injured players all returned to play and we were still losing games - what excuse would then be offered up ?

It's not an excuse, it's a fact. Even when Fraser came on yesterday you could see the difference in the team. Any team losing their two best players would have problems, it's actually quite depressing the number of fans that can't see the problem this has caused us.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

P.S. What’s depressing, is the likes of you and Shedka continually using the loss of two players as the reason we are where we are, and it’s utter b0llocks!!

P.P.S. We lost the SC final to an average St J. team, with what I consider, the best Utd team we’ve had for a number of years, and further proof, it’s all about atitude, and that’s one thing we are sadly lacking at the moment!
    Last edited by ballumbie_arab; 18-03-2018 at 04:04 PM.

^^^^^^ Agree 100%

We have a big squad of players and as far as I am aware they are all supposedly professional football players, very few of them have stepped up to the plate this season.

We have, in general, looked clueless for large parts of the season, and it is unacceptable.

Earlier comments about accepting that we need to get behind the manager, let him build something and accept it might take a couple of seasons might be valid, if not utterly depressing (although has Csaba done enough to justify being that man?)

Can’t help thinking someone good (a Craig Levein type) would come in and have us competitive from the get go.

I think what is clear as day is that we may have a big squad but the quality is not there. You really think losing our two best players should have no effect on our team?

I think what is clear as day is that we may have a big squad but the quality is not there. You really think losing our two best players should have no effect on our team?
    Perhaps, but I still expect every other player to still give everything, are you seeing that? Are we feck!!
    Also, for some, it should be an opportunity to impress the manager, and try and “take” that available position. Again, are you seeing that? Again, Are we feck!!

I repeat, it’s all about tactics, attitude and commitment, and if I was seeing that week in/week out, then I would forgive everyone, if bad luck and other circumstances were preventing results, but it’s not. Poor management, coupled with players who, let’s be honest, don’t give a feck, means as ever, the fans are being short-changed!

I rest my case M’lud!!

Attitude.

A manager can't give a player that.

A manager can only do so much with **** attitudes at his disposal.

Our squad is **** in terms of depth of quality. It is undeniable that losing the best players will affect things.

Ever played 5s and your good mate doesn't turn up one week? Do you say it's nothing to do with him not being there when you get horsed?

Losing quality decreases your chances of success.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Attitude.

A manager can't give a player that.

A manager can only do so much with **** attitudes at his disposal.

Our squad is **** in terms of depth of quality. It is undeniable that losing the best players will affect things.

Ever played 5s and your good mate doesn't turn up one week? Do you say it's nothing to do with him not being there when you get horsed?

Losing quality decreases your chances of success.
    We can't be the only team in the league that has players with a questionable attitude, it's up to the manager to get the best out of his players by inspiring, motivating and bullying. Look at what happened when Killie brought in a manager that did just that with the players he inherited.

I've said earlier why I think Csaba has to go but you haven't given a decent argument as to why he should stay, other than to say it's all the players fault.

You might accept the utter dross that Lazlo is serving up, but I won't.

Because I simply think it's too early to be sacking managers who haven't even had one pre-season.

He has to be allowed to build a squad.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)