+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Low

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Attitude.

A manager can't give a player that.

A manager can only do so much with **** attitudes at his disposal.

Our squad is **** in terms of depth of quality. It is undeniable that losing the best players will affect things.

Ever played 5s and your good mate doesn't turn up one week? Do you say it's nothing to do with him not being there when you get horsed?

Losing quality decreases your chances of success.
    Attitude, yes, but...
    What about negative tactics?
    What about playing people out of position? What about securing a highly rated RB on loan, then not giving him a game, and playing a numpty in that position?
    What about continually playing a bombscare keeper (apparently because of a payment clause)?

Need I go on???

Because I simply think it's too early to be sacking managers who haven't even had one pre-season.

He has to be allowed to build a squad.
    I wouldn't give him any more time on the evidence of his short time at the club.

I don't see anything positive that he has done.

Attitude.

A manager can't give a player that.

A manager can only do so much with **** attitudes at his disposal.
    No, but is the manager “managing” the current squad? In my view, NO!!
    Those continually getting a game each week, are NOT showing the right attitude, but continually getting a game, and that is a managerial failing in my view, no?
    Likewise for the poor tactics/formation, so a lot of our current failings are directly attributed to the manager!

You're both right.

Who to replace him?

You're both right.

Who to replace him?
    I’m not saying he needsto be replaced, but he needs to change his approach!
    Be positive and attack, play the team in their best positions, simple things!!
    Too many managers these days over-think things!!

Perhaps he doesn't think he has the players to do that, which is perhaps fair given the performances we've witnessed.

You're both right.

Who to replace him?
    I would ask Ellis to take the team until the end of the season. I know he said that he didn't want the job full time but I think he would agree to step in until then.

It's not my job to choose the new manager. If I was on the board of the club, I would spend a lot of time and effort looking into it but I'm not, so I won't.

Also, just because there aren't any obvious replacements, it doesn't mean we should keep someone who is hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Perhaps he doesn't think he has the players to do that, which is perhaps fair given the performances we've witnessed.
    When has he actually tried that? and dont say at Falkirk. He appears bereft of ideas. So did Ray. Yeah fair enough standard of player but why does flood, murdoch, quinn all get games and scobbie to a lesser extent? 2 holding mids and holding mid rb with an lb who needs a dose of the im not a superstar realism. been saying it for years we had a team once to play 4231 for 8 games! 3 plus years on this still happens. Flood doesnt have the legs yet os our captain???

bad management and the recruitment has been shocking. again.

Stuart McCall would give us a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    When has he actually tried that? and dont say at Falkirk. He appears bereft of ideas. So did Ray. Yeah fair enough standard of player but why does flood, murdoch, quinn all get games and scobbie to a lesser extent? 2 holding mids and holding mid rb with an lb who needs a dose of the im not a superstar realism. been saying it for years we had a team once to play 4231 for 8 games! 3 plus years on this still happens. Flood doesnt have the legs yet os our captain???

bad management and the recruitment has been shocking. again.

Stuart McCall would give us a chance.
    Stuart McCall won't be managing a professional team any time soon.

maybe missed something why?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)