+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Northampton Town Post Match Thoughts

It’s a good job we won, freezing.

Well done on changing the side Warney
    Mattock was lucky he didn’t receive a red and rightly subbed
    Williams took some time to get going
    Good goals
    MOTM the fans or Palmer who did well today

Just got back, good performance.

Should have been more as Northampton were poor.

Got back to basics today, winning tackles in midfield, quick, short passes and more life on the wings going forward. Good shout there in fresh legs on wings to shake up. Love Taylors energy and general posing when it doesn't run for him! But busy, awkward booger to play against. Like what I've seen of Palmer, busy energy and quick accurate passing. Need to see him against better opposition but encouraging so far. Warne seems to have good eye.

Pleased with Smith goal, well taken and will keep his pecker up.

Utm

Michael Smith is certainly rubbish.
    Mediocre vs Dale and MKD so why are we persevering with him.
    A Bury fan said he was garbage and you can see why all his other clubs got shut.
    I don't think his goal should be registered. Only 2-0 for me today.

Much better today; more like the better performances in the recent run. Vaulks could be Woody's long-term replacement and it was good to see Josh Emmanuel back again. Not sure about Taylor. I can see why some fans like him; he's 100% committed, but he lacks subtlety and control when he goes on a run. Smith had a good game and was involved in the lovely move leading to the third goal. Must mention Palmer too. Considering he hasn't contributed much since arriving, he played the full 90 minutes and looked very assured on the ball.
    Same again for Sarfend?

Well what a twist of a day.

Supposed to be working today so didn't buy a ticket for the game.

Got told yesterday didn't need me in! Came home from work and told by the good lady we had been offered a freebie in a private box at Elland Road so off we trecked today. Decent meal and free bar so no complaints there...cough!

The game...even first half and could have been 2-2 at half time. My mind was never really on the game as I was constantly searching my phone for an update on the Millers...no ferkin signal under the stand...grrr. How the feck the pigs won that was daylight robbery!

Managed to find out we were 1-0 up at half time and pleased to see Smudge had scored. Game progressed second half and yes I couldn't get a signal to see how we were doing so went back inside to see new were 3-0 up....hurrah I thought, as before the game I had all the faith in Warne changing the 'losing' side and banged £40 on a win to us. Thank you Mr Warne for a £150+ return.

Money aside I am pleased for Warne, the team and for those that managed to attend the game today.....well done to all!

Shame Marriott's red card today didn't cancel him out from playing against us on the 30th as this was only a second yellow so he misses only 1 game. Dangerous player.

Too cold to sing at times Best rendition from the Millers was a few choruses of:
    "We're ***cing cold,
    "We're ***cing cold,
    And from the Northampton fans in the 70th minute:
    "We've had a shot
    "We've had a shot

One of the the most one-sided games I have ever seen. Northampton were well and truly garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Well what a twist of a day.

Supposed to be working today so didn't buy a ticket for the game.

Got told yesterday didn't need me in! Came home from work and told by the good lady we had been offered a freebie in a private box at Elland Road so off we trecked today. Decent meal and free bar so no complaints there...cough!

The game...even first half and could have been 2-2 at half time. My mind was never really on the game as I was constantly searching my phone for an update on the Millers...no ferkin signal under the stand...grrr. How the feck the pigs won that was daylight robbery!

Managed to find out we were 1-0 up at half time and pleased to see Smudge had scored. Game progressed second half and yes I couldn't get a signal to see how we were doing so went back inside to see new were 3-0 up....hurrah I thought, as before the game I had all the faith in Warne changing the 'losing' side and banged £40 on a win to us. Thank you Mr Warne for a £150+ return.

Money aside I am pleased for Warne, the team and for those that managed to attend the game today.....well done to all!

Shame Marriott's red card today didn't cancel him out from playing against us on the 30th as this was only a second yellow so he misses only 1 game. Dangerous player.
    He won't miss any games Brin. It was Baldwin who got sent off

Great result.

Well played millers today and all you can ask for is the three points away from home, regardless of the oppo.
    The change of the team refreshed it, we do have a decent squad and its good that we are utilising it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast