+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Northampton Town Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Did you think Mattock was lucky not to get a red Caspy ?
    Yes he was extremely lucky but sensible to sub him

Back to playing good football yesterday. Was great to see a lot of our play along the ground. Williams and Taylor gave us our energy back. Smith I believe had his best game for us- he was excellent. Palmer in my opinion should be a regular starter as I think he could potentially be a cut above the majority of our players quality-wise. He is important for keeping our play along the ground rather than a 'hoof it up' game.

Well done Warney for picking the right players and obviously picking up the lads in the right way to get a result today. One of the coldest matches I can remember with that driving snow but it was worth it to see the millers win!

UTM!

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Did you think Mattock was lucky not to get a red Caspy ?
    Yes some referees would have given JM a second yellow although I don't think it warranted a straight red. To give credit to Ben Toner ( ref ) he told a couple of Cobblers players to go away when they approached him, good refereeing more of them should do the same.
    Nothing malicious in the tackle that JM put in just mis-timed it....thank goodness Ref saw it the same way otherwise Joe would have been taking a day off at Southend next week.

EDIT : good job pip and I had long-John's on yesterday......freezing .....
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 18-03-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Mattock wasn’t happy he got subbed either, think a fine from Warney will be coming his way

Great performance, it was feckin freezin.

Agree with others Vaulks mom, Palmer was class does the simple things really well. Warne was correct to take off Mattock

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Great performance, it was feckin freezin.

Agree with others Vaulks mom, Palmer was class does the simple things really well. Warne was correct to take off Mattock
    Agreed. Sometimes Mattock is his own worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Michael Smith is certainly rubbish.
    Mediocre vs Dale and MKD so why are we persevering with him.
    A Bury fan said he was garbage and you can see why all his other clubs got shut.
    I don't think his goal should be registered. Only 2-0 for me today.
    I agree. He's get worse with every game he scores in. Hopefully Warne and his team can keep him doing the same old rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Mattock wasn’t happy he got subbed either, think a fine from Warney will be coming his way
    He's not a young kid any more - he's an experienced professional, so shouldn't be doing reckless things on the pitch. He's had a decent season, but still has too many "red mist" moments

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    He's not a young kid any more - he's an experienced professional, so shouldn't be doing reckless things on the pitch. He's had a decent season, but still has too many "red mist" moments
    He made two late challenges in a winning team. I'm not 100% certain but I think his sendings off have been when we've been in tighter matches against better players.
    Still a good move from Warne to replace him. Four right footers along the back is a worry though especially against better oposition.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    He made two late challenges in a winning team. I'm not 100% certain but I think his sendings off have been when we've been in tighter matches against better players.
    Still a good move from Warne to replace him. Four right footers along the back is a worry though especially against better oposition.
    He was sent off for dissent (2nd yellow) v Gillingham at the NYS . We lost 1-3.
    I agree that it was a good substitution by Warney yesterday, even though I don't really like having all right-footed players in the back four either.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 18-03-2018 at 02:26 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast