+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Northampton Town Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    He won't miss any games Brin. It was Baldwin who got sent off
    Shows as Marroitt on my phone. I bow to your superiority Sir. Thank you for the bad news ....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Michael Smith is certainly rubbish.
    Mediocre vs Dale and MKD so why are we persevering with him.
    A Bury fan said he was garbage and you can see why all his other clubs got shut.
    I don't think his goal should be registered. Only 2-0 for me today.
    😀😀

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Shows as Marroitt on my phone. I bow to your superiority Sir. Thank you for the bad news ....lol.
    I'm certainly not superior to anybody, Mrs W will enthusiastically back me up on that point.

I was following the game on t'internet, while listening to our commentary and partaking in the wonderful matchthread. I just remembered that Baldwin got the two yellows.

Praise from a Northampton fan on their supporters website:

“Their 3rd goal was the best I've seen at sixfields from an away team for quite some time. Breaking from defence, couple of one touch passes and bang, in the net. Why can't we do that? It seems our players just seem to see a brick wall across the 18 yard box.”

Anyone who hasn’t seen it, I must agree. Supporters of other teams refer to as a long ball team. This was a great goal. Defence to attack and ........bang. Absolutely beautiful goal.

Impressed with Palmer and what a free kick from captain Vaulks for the first goal, outstanding.

When Ball scored his goal,he seemed to look over to the Millers dugout, perhaps I'm wrong but it seemed a gesture to Warne & staff, that he should be in the team not on the bench, certainly earned his place today with the goal & his work rate.

Close call but I think Will Vaux just edged from Bally for MoM

Not a classic game, Northampton were poor although not the worst team I've seen this season.

Five changes from MK game.
    Bringing Emmanuel back and playing Taylor wide right was a big improvement on MK game. Jon Taylor helping Josh defend that right side and looked like a good partnership.
    Good control from Smudger and put the ball away well for the first goal.
    David Ball with the second which took the pressure off ( sometimes one goal isn't enough )
    Third goal best of the game, who says we hoofball all the time, clean sheet a bonus although Northampton were ' shot shy ' until the second half.

My MOTM...WILL VAULKS closely followed by Matt Palmer & David Ball.

4-4-2
    Attendance : 5,882......Away Supporters : 1,129

Decent ref for a change, Ben Toner.

Play-offs are still on.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 18-03-2018 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Can't spell.

Did you think Mattock was lucky not to get a red Caspy ?

Very happy with the win, just what we needed in the middle of three back to back away games. Always a worry confidence would drop after the losses to Rochdale and MKD, so this should fire us up and keep us on track for a play off spot.

Well done

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast