+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pulis time

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    As with palace up to yet they are not his players, give him time and just like stoke and us when he parachutes in his own players the transformation will be complete with the howls of derision echoing all around the riverside

Boro supporters are happy with him and they have played some decent stuff! They look more organised than us and would most likely beat us! Revert to type - now let me see.............. well Boro have more chance of being in the Premiership than us next year and my 9 year old could work that one out! Owners - let me see - they have an owner who is full of passion and we have a Chinese runt who most likely does not know what off side means!!!

As for supporters who still blame Pulis - get a grip as he left 6 months ago! Pardew failed in the transfer window - Sturridge will have cost us 4 million - the players have no respect for Pardew and the points per game tally from Pardew is as pathetic as his subs and starting line ups. Even Jasper Carrot would be more clued up than Pardew and could not have got less points......

Glad Pulis went but there were good times so good luck to the guy!!!

But you're the one who keeps defending your defence of Pulis, Al!!!

Let's face it, Pulis might - just might - have chalked up 3 or 4 more points than Pardew.......no more. No Manager/HC could have transformed a team that didn't even practise forward movement all week at the Training Ground. The players were (and still are) the football equivalent of dyslexic when it comes to attacking. Pardew was told to transform the negativity instantly. But he was blatantly the wrong choice - he clearly hasn't got a clue about man-management, and the lousy individuals he inherited take no notice, or haven't got the brains to create bugger-all at this level.

You get a grip, Al, and stop trying to pretend it's all Partridge's fault.

I was simply recording my observations. Boro have had some very good results but Brentford are a very organised side and were able to stifle what was effectively a 532 formation that occasionally hurried men forwards on the break. I suspect they pay differently at home but given Cardiff trounced Brentford and Fulham have done the same I don't think Boro will go up though they will probably make the play-offs.

Whether Pulis would have kept us up, I doubt it but I think we can all agree Pardew was not the saviour with a hope of leading us to the promised land. I note that his win ratio on over his last 30 games is 5.9% - the next worse of the roundabout managers is 27% or thereabouts. Er ……?!

Quote Originally Posted by Roymit View Post
    I was simply recording my observations. Boro have had some very good results but Brentford are a very organised side and were able to stifle what was effectively a 532 formation that occasionally hurried men forwards on the break. I suspect they pay differently at home but given Cardiff trounced Brentford and Fulham have done the same I don't think Boro will go up though they will probably make the play-offs.

Whether Pulis would have kept us up, I doubt it but I think we can all agree Pardew was not the saviour with a hope of leading us to the promised land. I note that his win ratio on over his last 30 games is 5.9% - the next worse of the roundabout managers is 27% or thereabouts. Er ……?!

I agree! Brentford are a decent side and most likely would beat us! Pulis had to go, but had we persevered he probably would have kept us up. Even Jasper Carrott would have achieved more points per game than Pardew and certainly there would have been more discipline and better subs. The manager is only one cog in the wheel and for me, we have a disinterested owner thousands of miles away, and a Board who is rotten to the core, and have not invested properly. Even the January transfer window was a shambles with an injured croc coming in which will have cost us 4 million and then look how many millions we have lost on Evans who will now go for 3 million - Evans had not been great so why did we not cash in! Whether Pulis is liked/disliked he's with a passionate owner, a well run club, and good luck to the guy! I certainly would not be saying the same about Lai/Hammond or Pardew!

If we had cashed in on Evans then been relegated the cry would be " Why did we let Evans go? We would probably stayed up with him! The board is useless, the chairman is an idiot!"
    It's Pulis, his tactics & his signings that have done for us. Pardew had little hope of turning it round. A fit Sturridge may have seen us pull it off. It was a brave signing knowing his weak limbs, sinews, joints etc. could let him down. Maybe a reckless signing but if it had worked Pardew would have been a hero.
    " Pulis had to go, but had we persevered he probably would have kept us up" ....what a load of bobhollox. Pulis is the reason we are going down, as much as he was the reason we stayed up when Irvine was fired.
    Pulis is the cowboy with the black hat. Pardew the irrelevant drunk in the saloon, Lai the hapless town mayor.

Sturidge would get injured on Question of Sport we avoided a banana skin there

Feel for you lads and lasses with Pardew the Dinosaur at the helm you deserve better

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    If we had cashed in on Evans then been relegated the cry would be " Why did we let Evans go? We would probably stayed up with him! The board is useless, the chairman is an idiot!"
    It's Pulis, his tactics & his signings that have done for us. Pardew had little hope of turning it round. A fit Sturridge may have seen us pull it off. It was a brave signing knowing his weak limbs, sinews, joints etc. could let him down. Maybe a reckless signing but if it had worked Pardew would have been a hero.
    " Pulis had to go, but had we persevered he probably would have kept us up" ....what a load of bobhollox. Pulis is the reason we are going down, as much as he was the reason we stayed up when Irvine was fired.
    Pulis is the cowboy with the black hat. Pardew the irrelevant drunk in the saloon, Lai the hapless town mayor.

Your opinion but for me - you have been on the red wine! Pulis left six months ago! Even Bomber Brown would have achieved more points per game than Pardew had he managed the side. Pardew could have brought in whoever he wanted in January if the team were deemed that bad - he did not apart from Sturridge and even Liverpool supporters were laughing that he would last five minutes. Ask a ruthless businessman whether they would gamble 4 million like that on an unfit, injury prone player!

You say Pardew had little hoping of turning things around - are you referring to the abandoned taxi which was driven at 6am by his pissed up captain - and yes two garbage players in Barry and Livermore which are first on the team sheet. We all know Field and Yacob are much better but he refuses to play them. Pardew had his wallet nicked in Barcelona - perhaps the indiscipline was caused by Pardew being pissed out of his brains himself so no direction!

Pulis does not seem to be doing bad for himself now and have watched a few Boro matches this year and they have been decent. We are talking present so who knows about the future and it would not surprise me if a few of our players jump ship to join him - whether they will end up in the Premiership or remain in the Championship with us - they have better prospects - better team ethos and an owner who is passionate.

No doubt, you will still be blaming Pulis in a years time!! Bit like Sunderland fans blaming Moyes for getting relegated again!!! It's called a CRAP Board - CRAP investment - CRAP owner etc etc.

More of the same repetitive, boring, inane drivel.

Change the record ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Your opinion but for me - you have been on the red wine! Pulis left six months ago! Even Bomber Brown would have achieved more points per game than Pardew had he managed the side. Pardew could have brought in whoever he wanted in January if the team were deemed that bad - he did not apart from Sturridge and even Liverpool supporters were laughing that he would last five minutes. Ask a ruthless businessman whether they would gamble 4 million like that on an unfit, injury prone player!

You say Pardew had little hoping of turning things around - are you referring to the abandoned taxi which was driven at 6am by his pissed up captain - and yes two garbage players in Barry and Livermore which are first on the team sheet. We all know Field and Yacob are much better but he refuses to play them. Pardew had his wallet nicked in Barcelona - perhaps the indiscipline was caused by Pardew being pissed out of his brains himself so no direction!

Pulis does not seem to be doing bad for himself now and have watched a few Boro matches this year and they have been decent. We are talking present so who knows about the future and it would not surprise me if a few of our players jump ship to join him - whether they will end up in the Premiership or remain in the Championship with us - they have better prospects - better team ethos and an owner who is passionate.

No doubt, you will still be blaming Pulis in a years time!! Bit like Sunderland fans blaming Moyes for getting relegated again!!! It's called a CRAP Board - CRAP investment - CRAP owner etc etc.
    Sorry Al you still don't get it with pulis,he ain't had time to really fiddle with monks team yet same as palace,give him time,give him time,the time we shouldn't have given him

Not on red wine Al, on antibiotics

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)