+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When will we win a match?

Marley who would you sign if you could?

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    A psychiatrist

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Wendies was a prime example, soft defending hence we conceded too many. Had a great chance for a Ekuban to score and he fluffed it.

The most common scores by far in football, 0-0, 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2 - the point being not many goals scored by either team. Conceding is thus v important to avoid if you want to improve chances of winning unlike lots of other sports where conceding will always happen and scoring your own points more important. Best examples basketball or netball but after that rugby.

football by comparison is low scoring so the importance of not concding is higher as if you then score 1 more chance of a result.

I grwnt you how how you get to that happy place is where the magic lies and which we currently have in short supply.
    I think you will find that not many games end 0-0?

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    I think you will find that not many games end 0-0?
    Granted, these only represent the fixtures I've selected for the PL competition I run on here, but the "score table" for the PL this season is currently:

One-Nil / 219 / 3 / 222
    Two-Nil / 219 / 3 / 222
    Two-One / 201 / 3 / 204
    Three-Nil / 180 / 3 / 183
    Three-One / 177 / 3 / 180
    Three-Two / 171 / 6 / 177
    Four-One / 171 / 3 / 174
    Four-Two / 171 / 3 / 174
    Four-Nil / 168 / 3 / 171
    Four-Three / 168 / 3 / 171
    Nil-Nil / 156 / 3 / 159
    One-One / 150 / 6 / 156
    Nil-One / 123 / 3 / 126
    Two-Two / 123 / 3 / 126
    One-Two / 120 / 3 / 123
    Three-Three / 111 / 3 / 114
    Four-Four / 108 / 3 / 111
    Nil-Two / 96 / 6 / 102
    Nil-Four / 99 / 3 / 102
    One-Three / 99 / 3 / 102
    Two-Three / 99 / 3 / 102
    Nil-Three / 96 / 3 / 99
    One-Four / 96 / 3 / 99
    Two-Four / 93 / 3 / 96
    Three-Four / 93 / 3 / 96

Given that I often tend to include local derbies and, for cup games at least, higher ranked teams playing away at lower ranked teams, there are surprisingly few draws.

I think there are even a couple of higher scoring results that are missing.

For those who either aren't involved or don't know what they're looking at (most of the "active" posters on here at present?!) the scoring system is such that you get three points if you get the right outcome and an extra three if you get the correct scoreline (which is why, for example, the rare actual scoreline 4-3 is above the not-so-rare scoreline 0-0).

Still, it seems to point towards teams needing to win their home games.....

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    we are already been linked with barnsley defender andy yiadom clive , thats the extent of this clubs ambition . lol

its not a case of who i would like to sign, i am not the manager , its a case of what these dimwits who run the club, are prepared to pay in transfer fees and wages , and the answer to that , is not a lot .

if we go in to next season with the same set up , manager and players without any quality added , we will have a relegation battle on our hands next season , no question whatsoever , the signs are already there now .

we have been in freefall since christmas , and neither the manager or owner as a clue how to turn it around .

Some have been here less than a season

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Some have been here less than a season
    it makes no difference fella , it does not take years, to find out that three quarters of this team are garbage , the results on the pitch prove that fella

a quality player will prove it in a couple of games, and would stand out like a sore thumb in this team .

you want to wait until we are in league one , before deciding this team are not good enough , because on current form thats where we are heading next season with these players, we have got at the club now.

I ask you again marley, who do you want leeds to sign being realistic coz id love to have a spine of buffon chiellini iniesta and Messi but that ain't happening

And yiadom is no better than our current fullbacks so is not needed

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)