+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When will we win a match?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Have you been out this evening Andrew??
    Can't even remember posting that! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    The whole team need to go back to bloody basics

BPF in goal

A flat back 4 berardi debock jansson Pennington

Alioski sacko forshaw Phillips across the middle

Lasogga and ekuban upfront

Now before you all say they're all crap so it doesn't matter, yeah maybe they are, but there's no point in us trying to play flashy football when it's clear they can't!

Get alioski and sackos pace bombing down the wings, get quality crosses into the box for both lasogga and ekuban to get onto, forshaw and Phillips are both capable on their day to support both the attacks and the defence

Yeah ekuban hasn't scored yet in the league, yeah sacko doesn't always get his final 3rd sorted out, yeah Phillips gets a few yellow cards, yeah Pennington ain't built to be a centre back, but ya know what, they're about all we have right now, the way we are playing we don't suit the flair style of Saiz and hernandez, to play them, you have to go one upfront, and that doesn't work either

I'm bloody frustrated by how this season has ended up, started really well, yet the same players who started like that bar forshaw and debock, have let us down big time
    Clive you have taken the words right out of my mouth - we need to stop any fancy play that leaves some of out less able players wondering what the hell happened and just stick to making passes happen.

Hopefully we come good in time for K enders game, not sure what I will do if we lose that one

Calverley this is the worst period of form I've seen our club in, you know how positive I am normally regarding our club, but I'm watching us at the moment and the communication and cohesion we had in our good games under TC just isn't there under PH

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    On a simple level - when we learn to score more and concede less than whoever we are playing ....

it it will be a long term project to get us in shape at all levels to get back to the prem with maybe a few seasons of yo yo
    And you're optimistic? "a few seasons of yo yo", try telling that down the Peacock

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Calverley this is the worst period of form I've seen our club in, you know how positive I am normally regarding our club, but I'm watching us at the moment and the communication and cohesion we had in our good games under TC just isn't there under PH
    There were "good games"? So long ago I have forgotten.

Ye have to say as well that our luck isn't in. Thought their winner was a foul then the Alisoki pen that wasn't given. We are c rap, but its just not happening. PH is lost for ideas, trying anybody to see if it'll change things. Was pleased for Grot.

if heckingbottom carries on in the current form, we are in at the present moment, he will make christianson look like don revie lol

thanks for saving us from relegation thomas , back in september. lol

On a simple level - when we learn to score more and concede less than whoever we are playing ....

it it will be a long term project to get us in shape at all levels to get back to the prem with maybe a few seasons of yo yo
    when we learn to score goals and concede less than the opposition , we will progress lol

no flies on you is there ? lol - bill shankly eat yout heart out. lol
    Last edited by Marley past ghosts; 18-03-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Wendies was a prime example, soft defending hence we conceded too many. Had a great chance for a Ekuban to score and he fluffed it.

The most common scores by far in football, 0-0, 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2 - the point being not many goals scored by either team. Conceding is thus v important to avoid if you want to improve chances of winning unlike lots of other sports where conceding will always happen and scoring your own points more important. Best examples basketball or netball but after that rugby.

football by comparison is low scoring so the importance of not concding is higher as if you then score 1 more chance of a result.

I grwnt you how how you get to that happy place is where the magic lies and which we currently have in short supply.

Wendies was a prime example, soft defending hence we conceded too many. Had a great chance for a Ekuban to score and he fluffed it.

The most common scores by far in football, 0-0, 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2 - the point being not many goals scored by either team. Conceding is thus v important to avoid if you want to improve chances of winning unlike lots of other sports where conceding will always happen and scoring your own points more important. Best examples basketball or netball but after that rugby.

football by comparison is low scoring so the importance of not concding is higher as if you then score 1 more chance of a result.

I grwnt you how how you get to that happy place is where the magic lies and which we currently have in short supply.
    you only achieve better results with better players , the ones we have here cannot produce the goods , they have all been here long enough and given a chance , putting crap players in different formations or positions , does not change anything, when we still have eight or nine players on the pitch , who cannot cut the mustard , no matter how long you give them.
    Last edited by Marley past ghosts; 19-03-2018 at 01:37 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)