+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: United 0 Forest 0 - report

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Are you really a Blade. Your comments about the support sounded like a delusional Pig. Every time you write it's always to pan the fans, not sure where you sit but think it's nearer the Railway than the pitch. Crowd was excellent today and got behind the team. I sit
    middle of the South Stand and heard f/all from the Florist fans. As for Brookes he did as much as could have been expected in the conditions.
    Mahmat you must stand near a bloke who sings non-stop......Crowd was not load at all and little in the way of support for most of the match. Forest won the battle on the pitch and in the crowd. 5/10 for me. At least no booing...that could come later if we don't make top 6 ...IMO. It's about time the Kop did what it is there to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    We are 3 points off the play-offs with 9 games to go - nil desperandum - carpe diem!
    Which is not what you are saying on the Match day thread.

2 points dropped- again.

A bit like Fulham ( Billy's missed header) in that, had Clarke scored that sitter early on, then it could have been so different.

Brooks showed the capriciousness of youth, excellent on Tuesday, looked a different player today.

Blackman earned us a point today, hopefully it counts for something at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Mahmat you must stand near a bloke who sings non-stop......Crowd was not load at all and little in the way of support for most of the match. Forest won the battle on the pitch and in the crowd. 5/10 for me. At least no booing...that could come later if we don't make top 6 ...IMO. It's about time the Kop did what it is there to do.
    Not saying the crowd was Schalke or St Pauli loud but the game and the conditions didn't help. Probably we've excelled as fans for so many years and it stands out whenever there's a blip. Sound was excellent when everybody was singing but the game made it difficult to stoke up much continuous enthusiasm. Anyway adverse crowd comments please only the Pig fans who have absolutely nothing to talk about.
    We will definitely be in this division next season and can only hope we bring in players to the standard of the Championship and there is a bit of proper money to spend. Just looked at the Pig average when they were promoted to this division and it was 21000 ours will be at least 27000+. Nuff said.

I thought FLECKY was a 7-10,he was our best player in't first half,he did tire abit in't 2nd half but we were gettin over run in't 2nd half.Jamal deservedly got MOTM.I thought the Kop was decent yesdi but if the Kopites were owt like me by the time we got to the hour mark of the game they were perished,it's the coldest i've felt all season at a game.I wonder if owd Hecky will survive the week at Leeds? They must be gutted losin to that shower of bobbar. UTCB

It's not Blades slagging; its calling it as a I see it. I am surprised if people thought it wass noist yesterday- th weather did not help but it was really quiet. They sang the football in the library and we forgot you were here a few times to United fans which summed it up.

I sit in the middle of the South Stand also and thought the atmosphere was dead. A forest fan I spoke to said it was the queitest he had ever heard the Lane and nothing like games before when he has been. There is a post oin S2 alluding to the same thing. It has been desperately quiet last few games.

As foor Brooks - are we saying he will only play well when the pith is perfect and it is not cold? He turned into trouble every tiime he had it, lost it and set them on the attack. Did this 4 times. He is a great talent but was garbage today when he came on and did not play for the team. Literally did nothing right in 30 minutes on the field.

After Jamal,Lee Evans was our best player yesterday

yeah i thought lee evans had a very good game as well duffy was our weak link in midfield imo and there was nothing again up top im afraid as for brooks difficult conditions for his type of game but i thought he was showboating most of the time when he came on but he is the one on his day could just sneak us in to the play offs

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Which is not what you are saying on the Match day thread.

2 points dropped- again.

A bit like Fulham ( Billy's missed header) in that, had Clarke scored that sitter early on, then it could have been so different.

Brooks showed the capriciousness of youth, excellent on Tuesday, looked a different player today.

Blackman earned us a point today, hopefully it counts for something at the end of the season.
    I'd had a glass or two of tempranillo last night tho ................we drew, we didn't win, but then two of our rivals did the same. Just feel that we need to stay optimistic and positive - as negativity now would get us nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    I'd had a glass or two of tempranillo last night tho ................we drew, we didn't win, but then two of our rivals did the same. Just feel that we need to stay optimistic and positive - as negativity now would get us nowhere
    Ah, anaesthetic was taken!

Don't think there will bu much, if any, negativity this year but, as I said on an earlier post, next year will be a very different kettle of fish for some, mainly because of what we have done this year.

i think a lot of our support is a bit deflated just now after the start we made to the season and i think thats what has made the atmosphere at the lane a little subdued kept hearing the g and h blocks on south yesterday but the kop this season is just a mess with support 2 or 3 different chants going off at the same time it milks the noise down oh for the days we used to stand swing sing and sway on the kop all in one group behind the goal great days utb ftp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast