+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The penalty kick law

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    For "There's only one..." chants, you should always stick to "Guantanamera", not a silly xmas song.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLLB-MH9j5M
    Strongly disagree.....Winter Wonderland for me Snobbers and UTM....it is a question of a bit of class, though I must admit that there is a time and a place for the Cuban version

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I don't rate him, but that's my opinion.
    Do you rate anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Do you rate anyone?
    Any manager who gets his team to play atrractive football....What ive seen this season has been hoof ball rubbish, apart from a few games where we actually played it on the ground and won..

Any manager who gets his team to play atrractive football....What ive seen this season has been hoof ball rubbish, apart from a few games where we actually played it on the ground and won..
    Must have lost all those hoofball games to be in auto promotion spots then?

Winning football or shexy football?

Morecambe away and Exeter away.....an absolute joy to watch....ball on the carpet, knocking it around like Barca, one twos and people running into spaces....I thought I was watching the wrong team and iFollow had re~routed me to a continental team...El Notts Countio!!

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    On an historical note the penalty kick was introduced in 1891, as a solution to reduce the number of deliberate fouls being committed to prevent a goal. Notts were directly involved in its introduction. The suggestion was initially turned down by the F.A. but following a high-profile incident during an F.A.Cup quarter final in which a Notts County defender prevented Stoke City from scoring an equaliser via a blatant goal-line handball, the penalty was incorporated into the Laws of the Game. Notts went on to reach the Final, where they lost to Blackburn Rovers.

The introduction of the penalty brought derision from amateur players, who detested the implication that any player would commit a deliberate or ‘professional’ foul. Great Corinthian C.B.Fry wrote, “It is a standing insult to sportsmen to play under a rule which assumes that players intend to trip, hack and push their opponents, and behave like cads of the most unscrupulous kidney.’

How times change!

Not that much. After the game a few Stokies grabbed the blackguard and condemned him to a Potter's grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Thank you for the kind offer, but I will politely decline. I see you've cleverly avoided your double standards on this thread though.
    Shame , I was hoping you might be able to blag us our hotel. Another time maybe ?

ps. Got our tickets for the Accy game , £20 for me , fair enough but £15 for my 12 year old lad, that's taking the piss.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789