+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The penalty kick law

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Chubby has not been on my case for a while....I think he has got his hands full fighting with you.....off to check the barbed~wire fences, then a few glasses of ale and some gardening.....make that several glasses
    I have heard fatboy might have tried to join the Navy once . Turned down. Not because he couldn't swim .

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So what he says in his first paragraph broadly agrees with the point I was making in the original post, yet you describe his as a "great post" and mine as "a load of bollox". No personal bias there then!

You are the gift that keeps on giving.
    Me and my lad are going to the Accrington game . Stopping overnight before the game near the Trafford centre . Plenty of room in the car if you can sort out an hotel mate.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Me and my lad are going to the Accrington game . Stopping overnight before the game near the Trafford centre . Plenty of room in the car if you can sort out an hotel mate.
    Thank you for the kind offer, but I will politely decline. I see you've cleverly avoided your double standards on this thread though.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I have heard fatboy might have tried to join the Navy once . Turned down. Not because he couldn't swim .
    F00k me Sailor Boy(not a request before you get too excited) I’ve had nits that have got a better command of the English language than you.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    The arc I seem to remember is a 22 yard radius from the centre of the 12 yard penalty spot over which no player may encroach until the kick has been taken.
    No, and before you bite my head off read the sentence above!

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    The arc I seem to remember is a 22 yard radius from the centre of the 12 yard penalty spot over which no player may encroach until the kick has been taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    No, and before you bite my head off read the sentence above!
    Name:  Penalty Area.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  7.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    F00k me Sailor Boy(not a request before you get too excited) I’ve had nits that have got a better command of the English language than you.
    I Luv gud banter

I would go a bit further, I would say any clear goal-scoring opportunity that is stopped due to a foul is a penalty regardless of whether this occurs inside or outside the box. As things stand in the last minutes of a match the defending team can take a tactical red card and concede only a free-kick, it would put an end to this.

Also, I would have any foul/handball that did not stop a clear goalscoring opportunity given as an indirect free-kick, as it is for when a goalkeeper handles a back-pass.

While we are at it I would scrap this current phased offside rule as we have it, it's a shambles - if you are offside, you are offside - flag up straight away no ambiguity.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Name:  Penalty Area.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  7.1 KB
    My definite senior moment 60YearsAPie, you are correct. I was incorrect on two counts. It is a 10 yard radius from the penalty spot and certainly not a 22 yard radius I put down. I was thinking a 22 yard diameter and should have put an 11 yard radius for this diameter. I'd got the distance from the goal line to the periphery of the arc on my mind which is 22 yards.

Idiot that I am!
    Last edited by seriouspie; 19-03-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    While we are at it I would scrap this current phased offside rule as we have it, it's a shambles - if you are offside, you are offside - flag up straight away no ambiguity.
    100% agreed.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast