Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Yesterday!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Paphos, Cyprus
    Posts
    129

    Yesterday!

    First half Im not even going to try to sum up.
    Total strangers, not a single leader, headless schoolboys and much much worse. I cannot believe how bad we have become and still have a chance at the play offs. Second half marginally better.

    There was no real thrust until Fraser came on and everyone started to follow. The club needs a leader (not a captain, a leader).


    Lewis just not up to this level, lets invest in a long term alternative and rip up the Southampton deal.
    Scobbie is woeful,
    Robson is so far off this level its stupid,
    Durnan (thank god for him, who would have thought that a year ago)
    Murdoch, still not a right back but the threat of someone else in the wings has spurred him a little
    Quinn. I mean WTF, tried but no way is he a defender, midfielder or anything at this time.
    Stanton, to in and out of the game, passing terrible
    Flood get pass marks and actually is often the playmaker!!
    King, total imposter, never tried to beat his man without heading back to his own goal line
    Mikkelson, pass marks, works hard but still tends to spend too often on his ass.
    Smith, pass marks, still needs experience to balance what his impulse tells him.

    Only good move by Csaba was to change Smith when he did before a red card.

    Mc Donald can only give 45 minutes contribution and didn't really make any impact.
    Fraser. The whole team, system, momentum depends on him.
    McMullan, why no start? Did he shag Csabas sister or something?

    Why has there been so many unused signings, Robson needs challenged, Quinn needs replaced by a wheelie bin, Scobbie has to realise that Edge even in his ageing years is more solid.

    Why the new Septic player and no run out! Why the Bilel guy and no mention or are we signing players a month away from fitness to be ready for the play offs (or will it be the relegation play offs)..............

  2. #2
    The corner caley got for their goal summed it up for me. Clear for everyone to see it was a goal kick apart from the ref and linesman yet not one player got in the officials faces to complain, they just accepted it. Losing mentality right throughout our club and its been that way for years

  3. #3
    Don't think there would be many complaints if ICT went in at HT 4 or 5 up we were that awful. 2nd half we done ok.

    I would start McMullan, Fraser & the Celtic lad on Tuesday, we had very little creativity until the subs came on.

  4. #4
    Iíd agree Whitfield. Those 3 changes as a minimum.

    Also if Edge is fit may be better than scobbie has been recently.

    Quinn was just way off the pace yesterday.

    Best team needs to be found ahead of play offs

    The ref was as bad as our own performance. The corner decision was a joke. Scobbie did complain at time but maybe more should have been done to try and reverse it

  5. #5
    Which Celtic lad Whitfield? Ralston or McDonald?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    Which Celtic lad Whitfield? Ralston or McDonald?
    Lol. Ralston.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    The corner caley got for their goal summed it up for me. Clear for everyone to see it was a goal kick apart from the ref and linesman yet not one player got in the officials faces to complain, they just accepted it. Losing mentality right throughout our club and its been that way for years
    Of course it wan't a corner, the assistant referee gave it I think. However, the defending of it was unfortunately typical.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Of course it wan't a corner, the assistant referee gave it I think. However, the defending of it was unfortunately typical.
    . The same knob that didn't give us a clear corner in the second half. With the ICT corner that never was, none of there players claimed for it they were on there way back to their own half. Also thought that's best I have seen McDonald for a while.

  9. #9
    I can understand the thinking as we won against queens with the same team so the donít fix it if itís not broken philosophy came into play. Quinn getting hauled off at halftime was spot on he could have been off before as he was a dead body.

    Ralston and Fraser can hopefully make a difference going forward as Murdoch now knows heís sweating as a quality player is breathing down heís neck. McDonald from what Iím hearing has had heís rear end kicked too which hopefully means he can get the goals heís capable of as heís a decent finisher should he actually get decent service in and around the box!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed69 View Post
    . The same knob that didn't give us a clear corner in the second half. With the ICT corner that never was, none of there players claimed for it they were on there way back to their own half. Also thought that's best I have seen McDonald for a while.
    got a feeling mcdonald will be out to prove csaba wrong. Only in a two up front though and we appear to need i up and 2 holding mids against brechin et al

  11. #11
    1st half was shocking! sitting too much off ICT letting them dictate the play. miles off the pace, no intensity on and off the ball. Lucky we werent playing a more clinical team or it could have been 3/4. For me the moment that summed up the current state of the team was when 3 united players let the ball bounce in the middle of the box when lewis came out and waiting for eachother to do deal with it. the ICT boy still managed to header it before any of them!! shocking

    2nd half was better (couldnt have been worse) more tempo more energy. unlucky with a few half chances. That needs to be the sort of performance we need. the fans were behind the team more because they at least showed some effort. Thats all we ask for surely.

    Lewis- gives me nightmares, shot of any confidence but did make a could of alright saves.
    murdoch- looked miles off it in 1st but better in 2nd but would like to see ralston play.
    Robson- been needed dropped for a while now.
    Scobbie- struggled first half but saw him leading abit more in 2nd imo.
    Durnan- thank f*** we have him tbh. looks the only one who stands up and be's counted.
    Quinn- not a midfielder! wonder what gilliespie or slater is thinking when hes played ahead of them?
    Flood- probably only player who looked interested but wasnt backed up much in 1st.
    Stanton- poor game by his standards. needs to play simple
    Smith- looked like a big shot in the first half. 2nd was abit better but need to see more if hes going to be the future imo
    King- shows glimpses of what he can do but decision making is poor. needs to play simple aswell
    Mikkelson- no service! straight balls up to him arent going to much for him. at least he scored so positive. 2/2

    Mcdonald- actually thought SM made a difference. looked up for it and showed some decent touches. linked up well with few guys.
    Fraser- only on for 5mins but some decent touches. if he can get up to speed quickly and not get nailed could be the boost we need.
    Mcmullan- looked dangerous needs to start on tuesday imo unlucky he didnt score (some save)

    for tuesday!
    Lewis
    Ralston durnan scobbie robson
    Flood stanton
    Mcmullan mcdonald king
    mikkelson

    tempted to bring in a slater or gilliespie

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,237
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    1st half was shocking! sitting too much off ICT letting them dictate the play. miles off the pace, no intensity on and off the ball. Lucky we werent playing a more clinical team or it could have been 3/4. For me the moment that summed up the current state of the team was when 3 united players let the ball bounce in the middle of the box when lewis came out and waiting for eachother to do deal with it. the ICT boy still managed to header it before any of them!! shocking

    2nd half was better (couldnt have been worse) more tempo more energy. unlucky with a few half chances. That needs to be the sort of performance we need. the fans were behind the team more because they at least showed some effort. Thats all we ask for surely.

    Lewis- gives me nightmares, shot of any confidence but did make a could of alright saves.
    murdoch- looked miles off it in 1st but better in 2nd but would like to see ralston play.
    Robson- been needed dropped for a while now.
    Scobbie- struggled first half but saw him leading abit more in 2nd imo.
    Durnan- thank f*** we have him tbh. looks the only one who stands up and be's counted.
    Quinn- not a midfielder! wonder what gilliespie or slater is thinking when hes played ahead of them?
    Flood- probably only player who looked interested but wasnt backed up much in 1st.
    Stanton- poor game by his standards. needs to play simple
    Smith- looked like a big shot in the first half. 2nd was abit better but need to see more if hes going to be the future imo
    King- shows glimpses of what he can do but decision making is poor. needs to play simple aswell
    Mikkelson- no service! straight balls up to him arent going to much for him. at least he scored so positive. 2/2

    Mcdonald- actually thought SM made a difference. looked up for it and showed some decent touches. linked up well with few guys.
    Fraser- only on for 5mins but some decent touches. if he can get up to speed quickly and not get nailed could be the boost we need.
    Mcmullan- looked dangerous needs to start on tuesday imo unlucky he didnt score (some save)

    for tuesday!
    Lewis
    Ralston durnan scobbie robson
    Flood stanton
    Mcmullan mcdonald king
    mikkelson

    tempted to bring in a slater or gilliespie
    mcdonald has proven he cant play in that roll so why try that?

    Deniz (wont happen)
    Ralston durnan scobbie (or mosni) robson (or scobbie)
    mcmullan stanton gillespie king
    Phil McD

    If Fraser fit i would replace him with stanton. Briels if he can come back would be my other option to replace gillespie

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,237
    that formation would get us up to play offs. pity no other ****er sees it like that

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    mcdonald has proven he cant play in that roll so why try that?

    Deniz (wont happen)
    Ralston durnan scobbie (or mosni) robson (or scobbie)
    mcmullan stanton gillespie king
    Phil McD

    If Fraser fit i would replace him with stanton. Briels if he can come back would be my other option to replace gillespie
    i disagree i think Mcdonald can play as no.10 if he has movement around him and if your chasing the game more you and move him higher up playing off mikkelson like he was yesterday.

    Dont want Scobbie at left back imo. i know robson should be dropped id be more in favor of bringing in Mason rather than moving scobbie tbh

  15. #15
    If Mason’s not going to get a game in front of Robson the way he’s been playing should just get sent home and forgotten about...........no idea why he was signed now!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofballer View Post
    If Mason’s not going to get a game in front of Robson the way he’s been playing should just get sent home and forgotten about...........no idea why he was signed now!
    very good point. look at the signings CL has made

    Slater- hardly played
    Gilliespie- hardly played
    Mason- played once
    Mikkelson- only one who does play
    two french boys- hardly played
    Lyng- less said the better
    Ralston- will he be the same?

  17. #17
    Please be a 4-4-2.

    Agree pretty much with Darrenís team above.

    Donít play 4-2-3-1 though play 4-4-2. Mikk and McD make sense as front two. Donít play either of them in midfield - it doesnít work, it hasnít worked and it shouldnít. McD is a striker and has no pace to be in mid. Mikk is target man and should be up front.

    2 strikers please!

  18. #18
    ....also if fraser is back what about midfield diamond. Flood/Stanton at back, any 3 from McM, King, Matty S and Fraser to fill other 3 space on wings and attacking mid

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Paphos, Cyprus
    Posts
    129
    what about midfield diamond
    the way the players are relating to each other we could play an entire dodecahedron with trigonometrical variations and they still wouldn't pass straight to each other.

    Keep it a simple 3-4-3 and put the other side on the defence from the off.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •