+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday!

Yesterday!

First half Im not even going to try to sum up.
    Total strangers, not a single leader, headless schoolboys and much much worse. I cannot believe how bad we have become and still have a chance at the play offs. Second half marginally better.

There was no real thrust until Fraser came on and everyone started to follow. The club needs a leader (not a captain, a leader).

Lewis just not up to this level, lets invest in a long term alternative and rip up the Southampton deal.
    Scobbie is woeful,
    Robson is so far off this level its stupid,
    Durnan (thank god for him, who would have thought that a year ago)
    Murdoch, still not a right back but the threat of someone else in the wings has spurred him a little
    Quinn. I mean WTF, tried but no way is he a defender, midfielder or anything at this time.
    Stanton, to in and out of the game, passing terrible
    Flood get pass marks and actually is often the playmaker!!
    King, total imposter, never tried to beat his man without heading back to his own goal line
    Mikkelson, pass marks, works hard but still tends to spend too often on his ass.
    Smith, pass marks, still needs experience to balance what his impulse tells him.

Only good move by Csaba was to change Smith when he did before a red card.

Mc Donald can only give 45 minutes contribution and didn't really make any impact.
    Fraser. The whole team, system, momentum depends on him.
    McMullan, why no start? Did he shag Csabas sister or something?

Why has there been so many unused signings, Robson needs challenged, Quinn needs replaced by a wheelie bin, Scobbie has to realise that Edge even in his ageing years is more solid.

Why the new Septic player and no run out! Why the Bilel guy and no mention or are we signing players a month away from fitness to be ready for the play offs (or will it be the relegation play offs)..............

The corner caley got for their goal summed it up for me. Clear for everyone to see it was a goal kick apart from the ref and linesman yet not one player got in the officials faces to complain, they just accepted it. Losing mentality right throughout our club and its been that way for years

Don't think there would be many complaints if ICT went in at HT 4 or 5 up we were that awful. 2nd half we done ok.

I would start McMullan, Fraser & the Celtic lad on Tuesday, we had very little creativity until the subs came on.

I’d agree Whitfield. Those 3 changes as a minimum.

Also if Edge is fit may be better than scobbie has been recently.

Quinn was just way off the pace yesterday.

Best team needs to be found ahead of play offs

The ref was as bad as our own performance. The corner decision was a joke. Scobbie did complain at time but maybe more should have been done to try and reverse it

Which Celtic lad Whitfield? Ralston or McDonald?

Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    Which Celtic lad Whitfield? Ralston or McDonald?
    Lol. Ralston.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    The corner caley got for their goal summed it up for me. Clear for everyone to see it was a goal kick apart from the ref and linesman yet not one player got in the officials faces to complain, they just accepted it. Losing mentality right throughout our club and its been that way for years
    Of course it wan't a corner, the assistant referee gave it I think. However, the defending of it was unfortunately typical.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Of course it wan't a corner, the assistant referee gave it I think. However, the defending of it was unfortunately typical.
    . The same knob that didn't give us a clear corner in the second half. With the ICT corner that never was, none of there players claimed for it they were on there way back to their own half. Also thought that's best I have seen McDonald for a while.

I can understand the thinking as we won against queens with the same team so the don’t fix it if it’s not broken philosophy came into play. Quinn getting hauled off at halftime was spot on he could have been off before as he was a dead body.

Ralston and Fraser can hopefully make a difference going forward as Murdoch now knows he’s sweating as a quality player is breathing down he’s neck. McDonald from what I’m hearing has had he’s rear end kicked too which hopefully means he can get the goals he’s capable of as he’s a decent finisher should he actually get decent service in and around the box!

Quote Originally Posted by Shed69 View Post
    . The same knob that didn't give us a clear corner in the second half. With the ICT corner that never was, none of there players claimed for it they were on there way back to their own half. Also thought that's best I have seen McDonald for a while.
    got a feeling mcdonald will be out to prove csaba wrong. Only in a two up front though and we appear to need i up and 2 holding mids against brechin et al

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)