+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Postponed

DCFC would like to thank the 300 volunteers for helping to shovel 90 tons of snow onto the pitch.
    Without their help, the game was in danger of being played.

Game called off on police advice apparently. The source is the Sun though

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    DCFC would like to thank the 300 volunteers for helping to shovel 90 tons of snow onto the pitch.
    I found that amusing Tricky. Thanks.

The pitch is in fact perfectly playable. Roads in from outlying areas are bad. Sub zero temperatures, made worse by freezing winds will make the roads steadily worse throughout the day. Too dangerous is the police decision so no game.

Colin is going off on one but that is only to be expected. They are on a run of 7 straight wins and they would be up against a side with only 10 fit players, 3 of whom are keepers....... he feels done out of an 8th straight win.

Today is one of those times when you just love how sensible the police are

Tricky hope your not inferring that wasn't a genuine postponement I was a bit concerned when I saw Andy Manley buying a BMW at Pentagon Island

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

Don't normally agree with Neil Warnock but in this case he's right when saying its a disgrace. the shops were open as he said, the roads were perfectly fine and Cardiff found it no problems getting here, so how the f*** can we whine about "travelling"???. We're beginning to look a big pathetic now tbh,, don't mind the manager giving banter like last week, but to cry off like this is truly disgusting,, and for a club that's spent a fortune on players and doing up the stadium, looking more like a league 2 club.

Leicester managed to get their game on so the excuse wont wash with me. the main roads were fine, a few small village roads were bad granted but you can't get games called off for that. 10 fit players? what the f*** are we doing? if we can't get players fit then surely we need to look into that.

And this coming from a man who was telling players to go down injured when they’d had 3 men sent off
    Did me a favour anyway.

We can't really moan about Warnocks comments here tbh. All the other games have survived including Leicesters,, we are looking amateur or childish at this point. I feel sorry for Cardiff fans, its not like they haven't traveled very far is it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Game called off on police advice apparently. The source is the Sun though
    Derbyshire County Council, at the same time as cancelling tomorrow’s Bakewell Market and warning of road closures and dangerous driving conditions, have suggested that today’s match postponement was made entirely by the club and nothing to do with Derbyshire Constabulary.
    Didn’t think clubs could call games off without the referee’s consent at least but we shall see. Hope it’s not a case of ‘there may be trouble ahead’. Colin will certainly make a fuss but supporters from my neck of the woods certainly would have struggled to make it this morning and surely a decision had to be made early with it being a lunch time kick off and the away fans facing a 180 mile trek.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 18-03-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)