+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All is not lost Tykes...

All is not lost Tykes...

because sat's game was a bit scrappy, not surprising when you think of the conditions, howling wind and driving snow.
    However as we have played all the teams at the bottom in the last few weeks I consider Barnsley as the strongest, our keeper had 3 very good saves while it was a defending mistake that led to our 1st goal. Our 2ed would have been hard to stop.

If you do decide to get a new manager would you consider Mick McCarthy, I knew him when he was manager at Millwall and he was good, he only left the Lions to take the Northern Ireland post. Because I have heard Ipswich may have a change and as you know Mick is a Barnsley lad.

Now I read some of your comments saying you should be beating the likes of Millwall, 2 years ago you did at Wembley and were the better team, however if you look at the league table you should be giving us some credit, sat's win at your place was our 6th wun away on the trot.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    because sat's game was a bit scrappy, not surprising when you think of the conditions, howling wind and driving snow.
    However as we have played all the teams at the bottom in the last few weeks I consider Barnsley as the strongest, our keeper had 3 very good saves while it was a defending mistake that led to our 1st goal. Our 2ed would have been hard to stop.

If you do decide to get a new manager would you consider Mick McCarthy, I knew him when he was manager at Millwall and he was good, he only left the Lions to take the Northern Ireland post. Because I have heard Ipswich may have a change and as you know Mick is a Barnsley lad.

Now I read some of your comments saying you should be beating the likes of Millwall, 2 years ago you did at Wembley and were the better team, however if you look at the league table you should be giving us some credit, sat's win at your place was our 6th wun away on the trot.

You've done very well claw and deserve a great deal of credit .

Harris seems to get the best out of the squad on a limited budget , nice blend of youth and some experience who provide the know how .

Mick Mac isn't going to come here mate under the new ownership , the fans would welcome it but we aren't Mick's type of club anymore .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You've done very well claw and deserve a great deal of credit .

Harris seems to get the best out of the squad on a limited budget , nice blend of youth and some experience who provide the know how .

Mick Mac isn't going to come here mate under the new ownership , the fans would welcome it but we aren't Mick's type of club anymore .
    Thanks Animalittle and Acido I did note your remarks on another post, I should have said Mick became manager of Ireland of course. You are right I am sure the fans would welcome Mick but I don't know about your ownership.

Down at the Den we have an elected fan who sits on the board and the Chairman takes note as he speaks for all of us fans, do you have the same? You should have a voice.
    Last edited by claw84; 18-03-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Thanks Animalittle and Acido I did note your remarks on another post, I should have said Mick became manager of Ireland of course. You are right I am sure the fans would welcome Mick but I don't know about your ownership.

Down at the Den we have an elected fan who sits on the board and the Chairman takes note as he speaks for all of us fans, do you have the same? You should have a voice.

Know we don't claw , it's pretty doubtful they'd welcome Barnsley straight talk .

The son of our former owner is a director so there is a connection still .

Am not sure Mick and our French CEO would get on. The air would turn blue when he handed Mick a list of players he can buy.

Well done on your amazing run Claw. Your finishing amd organisation was far in front of ours. Top keeping too. Worked hard your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Well done on your amazing run Claw. Your finishing amd organisation was far in front of ours. Top keeping too. Worked hard your team.

Should be beating teams like Millwall is just a bit of banter Claw & is something we are taunted with every time we beat a "better" team than us which granted we haven't done much this season Just take it as a term of endearment because everybody loves you but you don't care
    I think you have done well since coming up much better managed than us in the past 12 months
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 18-03-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Im glad you saw and maybe even appreciated my comments Claw .
    To be honest your team have really surprised me this season. I dont think they/you deserved to win that play off final against Bradford for a start, but whenever a team allegedly win promotion undeservedly like that, it makes them extra dangerous the following season.
    I really dont think we were as bad as most of our fans are saying we were in that match, and like Frenchie has also said, well done to your keeper 'Archer' because he made some quality saves which kept your team level at 0-0 and then ahead at 0-1.

Obviously not in attendance then , we were SHEEITE ,

No comment again from me about the attendance Roma!!... but how many times did we make their keeper pull out some cracking saves ?. Why exactly was this allegedly the worst performance of the whole season, its not as though we didnt try and didnt force them back at all (even though yes we do look clueless when it comes to putting away the chances we've created).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast