+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a take on things

Just a take on things

I share a lot of fans' frustrations but it seems that since PH left not many fans are getting behind JM. Why is it that the majority of fans had this unswerving loyalty to PH yet in the last 7 games we have had pretty much the same as what we had under PH, inconsistency in performances, wasted chances etc. He has more resources and quality available at Leeds yet has seemingly carried on in the same vein as he did when he was here.

JM has inherited an almighty mess and is left to pick up the pieces. Granted there's decisions of his I haven't agreed with but tell me a manager where we have agreed with every single decision?

What concerns me most is a distinct lack of fight at times when we go a goal down. A trait we had under PH. I understand we won't dominate a game from start to finish at this level -no one will arguably at any level

We have been sussed out with the current system. We are too open at the back because yiadom -like most modern day full backs- seems to think his job ends with a bomb forward and when he loses the ball comes back at a canter. The problem for me is there's no-one dropping deeper to cover.
    -
    We need to give 3-5-2 a try and somehow get Hammill back in the team as one thing is guaranteed - you get the effort

Fair summation renno
    I agree

Good post
    I’ve no idea if Jose will be any good or stick around but I’ve been shocked by the names and things he’s be called compared to others who’ve managed us and walked out . Don’t see what he’s done wrong . If he’s shi te then he’ll get the peddler like anyone else.

Renno, you wont see Hammill back in the side under Jose.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Good post
    I’ve no idea if Jose will be any good or stick around but I’ve been shocked by the names and things he’s be called compared to others who’ve managed us and walked out . Don’t see what he’s done wrong . If he’s shi te then he’ll get the peddler like anyone else.
    Internet wont ararnd when Barnsley managers used to get stick from the terraces, a lot worse than the mild stuff Jose gets.

Iley Out !!

(OGC Nice ev lost ageean today, 1-2 at ooam)
    Last edited by SBRed48; 18-03-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Internet wont ararnd when Barnsley managers used to get stick from the terraces, a lot worse than the mild stuff Jose gets.

Iley Out !!
    Im talking about the stick he got before he’d actually even done anything

It's best to get thi abuse in first.

Then tha can't be accused of spouting off with the benefit of hindsight. BBS is in meltdarn evvin a go at him. It's disgraceful.

The reality is we've been pants since around December 2016! It's still in our own hands , after the Rotherham 4-0 friendly debacle if someone would've said with 8 games left you'd be in charge of your own destiny we'd have probably bitten their hand off. Funny to see ph back the Leeds owner over player performance yet after the said friendly he was sticking the shoe into our hierarchy (allegedly!)

I was the other way ESR , couldn't understand the fanfare to be honest in some quarters .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It's best to get thi abuse in first.

Then tha can't be accused of spouting off with the benefit of hindsight. BBS is in meltdarn evvin a go at him. It's disgraceful.
    I don’t ever read it SB I’ve enough on reading this site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast