+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lundstram,Leonard,Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    my gut feeling it will end in tears,im hoping its the curry from last night causing my guts to feel this way though.
    but i,ll predict mcabe saying summat like,BECAUSE THE PRINCE AND MYSELF ARE AT A STALEMATE OVER THE VALUATION OF THE PROPERTIES IE ACADEMY,THE LANE ETC,WE ARE UN ABLE TO COMMIT TO A TRANSFER BUDGET FOR THE COMING SEASON. IM SURE WITH CHRIS AT THE ELM WE WILL BE IN FOR ANOTHER EXCITING SEASON AHEAD. AS SOON AS THE PRINCE AND I SETTLE OUR DIFFERENCES ,MONEY WILL BE RELEASED.
    The prince will sell his share.
    then Mcabe will say .Without other investors theres no money for team building. brooks,coutts fleck ,oconnel,baldock will be sold then we will be fighting relegation. chris will leave,then we will be another 6 seasons in the pub league thinking if only we,d have given wilder decent money to make a fist of things.
    Locusts, earthquakes, tidal waves!!! WE'RE DOOMED..!!!!

Name:  Fraser.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  7.7 KB

i like lee evans he hasnt been spectacular but very steady and i think we will see a much better player next season i agree think we have burnt ourselves out a bit the tempo is just not as intense as it was early season but still been a great season my fear is that unless brooks is sold i dont think chris is gonna get sufficient backing this summer to improve the squad be pleasantly suprised if he does but very much doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    Lee Evans lacks bite in the tackle? We must be watching a different player because he's been lucky to stay on the pitch a few times since his arrival. He is one that with the right coaching and guidance could develop and improve. He wasn't right for wolves as they can splash £16 million on Neves THATS why he was let go. He is learning and has shown enough to gamble on i think. Not saying he's been perfect though.
    I like Evans but FLECKY is the only one of our midfielders that i expect to win a tackle consistently.I'm a bit suprised Bully's so down on Evans,perhaps it's summat to do wi his plank pal Blockmod likin Evans? Ryan Giggs seems to think our Lee's doin ok for us.One thing i do agree with, we do look knackered in't 15/20mins of games lately. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I like Evans but FLECKY is the only one of our midfielders that i expect to win a tackle consistently.I'm a bit suprised Bully's so down on Evans,perhaps it's summat to do wi his plank pal Blockmod likin Evans? Ryan Giggs seems to think our Lee's doin ok for us.One thing i do agree with, we do look knackered in't 15/20mins of games lately. UTCB
    Flecky wins every tackle but doesn't always win the ball

Evans will come good. He's just got something.

People might lambast me for this but i was thinking the other day who could do a job for us next season?? I looked at Sunderland and wondered if Lee Cattermole would interest anyone else like he does me?

People might lambast me for this but i was thinking the other day who could do a job for us next season?? I looked at Sunderland and wondered if Lee Cattermole would interest anyone else like he does me?
    No doubt he's been a very decent holdin midfielder in his time but i think he'd get sent off too many times mate.UTCB

he's only 29!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    It's not where they came from that matters it's what they can do ! Hammond came from the prem universally lauded as a great signing by pretty much everyone,we got fleck from the 3rd pretty much everyone thinks he could go to the higher level,yes I get the experience thing but it doesn't always work both Hammond and sammon were both vastly experienced at this level and above I doubt anyone would want them back but both could have been described as champ quality before we got them. Deli alli jumped from 3rd to prem with ease so did Jamie vardy,it's hard to keep pulling rabbits out of hats and I agree we need better quality in certain (most) areas but there are players playing in leagues below us that could operate comfortably at this level likewise there are plenty playing at this level that would struggle to play with our intensity,so what's the point of this post I hear you say,it's just to say it's not as easy as just bringing players in from this level they have to be right for us,we brought Evans in from a club at this level and TBH I'm yet to be convinced about him I know he needs to settle as do all the newbies but I'm not as struck on him as many on here and on social media to me he looks slow and ponderous lacks bite in the tackle and is found wanting positionally quite a lot (he wasn't on his own on sat all the midfield was the same) I'm only singling him out cos he came from a champ club,I trust chris to get the players needed to improve us and I agree the board need to increase investment but it really is no guarantee of success so patience is needed I know many will think this is negative thinking but it really is the sensible option spunking money to gamble is fine when it comes off but there's plenty more failures in this department than successes we fell a long way behind many clubs with our time in the wilderness and chris and his team have performed miracles to catch up how they have so soon I think we may have plateaued now and may need some time to move to the next level. Do I think we can reach the play offs ? It's possible but I very much doubt it we look a mid table side now and have done for a couple of months home games against boro,Cardiff and pne will be difficult playing as we are as will away trips to brizzle and Brentford do I consider this season a wasted opportunity,not really we've done better than I expected and I think there are better teams that will finish above us,it's not a failure imo have the board showed a lack of ambition I'm not totally sold on they have like I said earlier the lower leagues have been littered with big clubs that gambled and failed and paid the price us included,I'm happy for the board to carry on with the sensible approach although this disagreement needs sorting out quickly it's come at a bad time and doesn't help anybody

Sorry for the novel blame gray as he has sorted this infernal site out for me at last and I can get things off my chest cheers for that gray sorry to everyone else

UTB
    ru mad evans lacks bite in the tackle ,hes put some reight tackles in, he did burtons player ,he should have been sent of against another ,what was on sky, hes a reight tackler. evans as been the best mid for the last couple o months . we do not have the squad for promotion. our forwards arnt good enough to take us up no way. the defence is way to slow and when either fleck duffy or coutts dont play we struggle big time. but id take this season again next season. but no way on this gods earth does evans lack bite in the tackle lol

one line there sums us up recently our forwards arnt good enough certainly not in the last 2 months i think chris will be really dissapointed with wilson he was the one we were hoping would get us the goals to get in to top 6 and i also thought he would but he just hasnt done it for us a target man and a pacy striker should be our priorities this summer

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    one line there sums us up recently our forwards arnt good enough certainly not in the last 2 months i think chris will be really dissapointed with wilson he was the one we were hoping would get us the goals to get in to top 6 and i also thought he would but he just hasnt done it for us a target man and a pacy striker should be our priorities this summer
    Yep..i had really high expectations of Wilson coming here. He has so much to prove and is living off a promising start at Man Utd. That wont last forever.

Who are your suggestions regarding the Target man & Pacey Striker??

Not going to lambast you Bolton, but I always said Lee Cattermole would end up playing for us one day

I also said that if he does I will emigrate to New Zealand, and then have a hypnotherapist wipe all memory and knowledge of Sheffield United from my mind

A truly, truly truly awful player.
    If we get to the Premier League, he'd be just the sort of signing that would be inflicted upon us to immediately kill the enthusiasm before it even started,

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast