+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lundstram,Leonard,Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    All three are competing at a level now that is stretching their capabilities.

Lundstram was settling in quite nicely after a dodgy start,but then came January and he cant get a game now,because of Evans.

Leonard played ok filling in for Basham,but thats all he looks like a "filler in",would he start ahead of Fleck Coutts Duffy,not at the mo.

Holmes he looks so rushed in his play when ever he comes on as sub,same applies to him as with Leonard,regarding Fleck Coutts Duffy.
    With respect Agnes Leonard would be a better choice than COUTTSY at the moment mi owd pal.If he aint good enuff to replace someone wi a broken leg gord help him.I thought he did well yesdi replacin Daddy BASH(congratulations to BASHAMbauer)but when he got to the bye line his crosses were way overhit but as i said he did well other than that. UTCB

I think I must be the only one on here not complaining after a good first season back.
    Spending big money is not the answer as there are no guarantees. I expect CW to get us where we would like to
    be given time and a little money or should we pay double for our tickets next season?

It's so easy to spend someone's dosh when it's not your own.

UTCB

agree chips

its chris wilder thats asking for more money for better quality. he says we cant compete with the big spenders on such a low budget. hes been saying that every time we lose to the big spenders. so what your saying is chris would be no good with a big budget. what im saying is how fantastic he and we would be with a big budget. dont be scared by other managers failures having spent money. thats other managers not chris wilder
    Last edited by Twirlo70; 19-03-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Have to say this season has gone better than I expected and have no complaints. It was always going to be a learning curve. All we now need to do is work out what we need and who we can get rid of and push on next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    I think I must be the only one on here not complaining after a good first season back.
    Spending big money is not the answer as there are no guarantees. I expect CW to get us where we would like to
    be given time and a little money or should we pay double for our tickets next season?

It's so easy to spend someone's dosh when it's not your own.

UTCB
    I’m not complaining Chippy, I’m just saying it as I see it, and that fact doesn’t change my view that this has been a very good first season back in the Championship and it has exceeded my expectations however it pans out.

I also hear what you say about spending other people’s money, but those people have chosen to run a football club which happens to be one of the best supported in the Championship, and so I would at least expect us to be competitively funded next season to give Chris a fighting chance if we’re still in this division. I’m not saying that we should be top six financially, but certainly not bottom six like this season if we are to progress.

I kind of agree with the arguments on both sides! Goes to show just how difficult managing a football club is these days.

I think we can't underestimate the shock to the system Leonard and Holmes have had moving "up north" in the middle of the coldest winter for donkeys years. Any surprise it's Evans who has settled in the quicker?

That being said, I tend to agree with the view that long term the overall strategy of cherry picking from the lower leagues will only get you so far and long term will actually be detrimental. You have to get very lucky very often playing that game and let's face it, CW doesn't always get it right in the transfer market.

This summer is going to be crucial for the next 5-10 years of this football club.

your right with that last statement gaunchey this summer will tell us a lot about which way the club is heading but i dont like the vibes coming from mcabe and nothing being said by the prince got a distinct feeling its gonna be a couple of lower league signings and a couple of loans again this summer whatever happens we need 2 new strikers thats a must for me utb ftp

The best young manager we've ever had walked in protest over the transfer policy. I hope the Board don't force our Chrissy into a similar situation.

I don't imagine CW would do that, but if he's not given a proper war chest in the summer and some point during the season a Prem club comes in for him, would we blame him if he left?

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    The best young manager we've ever had walked in protest over the transfer policy. I hope the Board don't force our Chrissy into a similar situation.

I don't imagine CW would do that, but if he's not given a proper war chest in the summer and some point during the season a Prem club comes in for him, would we blame him if he left?
    my gut feeling it will end in tears,im hoping its the curry from last night causing my guts to feel this way though.
    but i,ll predict mcabe saying summat like,BECAUSE THE PRINCE AND MYSELF ARE AT A STALEMATE OVER THE VALUATION OF THE PROPERTIES IE ACADEMY,THE LANE ETC,WE ARE UN ABLE TO COMMIT TO A TRANSFER BUDGET FOR THE COMING SEASON. IM SURE WITH CHRIS AT THE ELM WE WILL BE IN FOR ANOTHER EXCITING SEASON AHEAD. AS SOON AS THE PRINCE AND I SETTLE OUR DIFFERENCES ,MONEY WILL BE RELEASED.
    The prince will sell his share.
    then Mcabe will say .Without other investors theres no money for team building. brooks,coutts fleck ,oconnel,baldock will be sold then we will be fighting relegation. chris will leave,then we will be another 6 seasons in the pub league thinking if only we,d have given wilder decent money to make a fist of things.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast