+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lundstram,Leonard,Holmes.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lundstram,Leonard,Holmes.

Tracked and chased for ages.
    Had they arrived pre season their contributions would IMO be have been immense.
    They didn't and aren't.

Felt so sorry for Holmes yesterday.
    Tried so hard but looked poor when in fact he is clearly a very good player.

We bought our long term targets way too late to enable them to integrate.
    That is the boards fault. No one elses.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Tracked and chased for ages.
    Had they arrived pre season their contributions would IMO be have been immense.
    They didn't and aren't.

Felt so sorry for Holmes yesterday.
    Tried so hard but looked poor when in fact he is clearly a very good player.

We bought our long term targets way too late to enable them to integrate.
    That is the boards fault. No one elses.
    you said FRESH LEGS WILL HAVE US PUSHING ON, i said they wouldnt becuse they wont be fresh legs playing in that rubbish league. so have you changed your mind,which you are allowed to by the way. i knew they wouldnt bring any freshness or anything to add beyond what we have already got. but your point on having them sooner i totally agree with,pre season with us will see them contribute a lot more. utb

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    you said FRESH LEGS WILL HAVE US PUSHING ON, i said they wouldnt becuse they wont be fresh legs playing in that rubbish league. so have you changed your mind,which you are allowed to by the way. i knew they wouldnt bring any freshness or anything to add beyond what we have already got. but your point on having them sooner i totally agree with,pre season with us will see them contribute a lot more. utb
    You're right. I did. I hoped they would. I think sadly they havent and wont for the reasons given in my OP.

Wilder wanted them over a long period of time so I just hope that as you say after a full pre season they are all he and we want mate.

That said theres a mini 8 match season ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was a horrible day to judge anybody in those conditions really so i will reserve judgement know sbt rates leonard very highly but i havent seen anything yet to suggest hes championship material but lets wait and see after pre season as for holmes i think with his age he will be used as an impact sub think he was just trying a bit too hard yesterday and looked clumsy lundstrum is gonna be a very good player but not quite experienced enough yet for a regular start

All three are competing at a level now that is stretching their capabilities.

Lundstram was settling in quite nicely after a dodgy start,but then came January and he cant get a game now,because of Evans.

Leonard played ok filling in for Basham,but thats all he looks like a "filler in",would he start ahead of Fleck Coutts Duffy,not at the mo.

Holmes he looks so rushed in his play when ever he comes on as sub,same applies to him as with Leonard,regarding Fleck Coutts Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    All three are competing at a level now that is stretching their capabilities.

Lundstram was settling in quite nicely after a dodgy start,but then came January and he cant get a game now,because of Evans.

Leonard played ok filling in for Basham,but thats all he looks like a "filler in",would he start ahead of Fleck Coutts Duffy,not at the mo.

Holmes he looks so rushed in his play when ever he comes on as sub,same applies to him as with Leonard,regarding Fleck Coutts Duffy.
    With respect Agnes Leonard would be a better choice than COUTTSY at the moment mi owd pal.If he aint good enuff to replace someone wi a broken leg gord help him.I thought he did well yesdi replacin Daddy BASH(congratulations to BASHAMbauer)but when he got to the bye line his crosses were way overhit but as i said he did well other than that. UTCB

I think I must be the only one on here not complaining after a good first season back.
    Spending big money is not the answer as there are no guarantees. I expect CW to get us where we would like to
    be given time and a little money or should we pay double for our tickets next season?

It's so easy to spend someone's dosh when it's not your own.

UTCB

agree chips

its chris wilder thats asking for more money for better quality. he says we cant compete with the big spenders on such a low budget. hes been saying that every time we lose to the big spenders. so what your saying is chris would be no good with a big budget. what im saying is how fantastic he and we would be with a big budget. dont be scared by other managers failures having spent money. thats other managers not chris wilder
    Last edited by Twirlo70; 19-03-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    I think I must be the only one on here not complaining after a good first season back.
    Spending big money is not the answer as there are no guarantees. I expect CW to get us where we would like to
    be given time and a little money or should we pay double for our tickets next season?

It's so easy to spend someone's dosh when it's not your own.

UTCB
    I’m not complaining Chippy, I’m just saying it as I see it, and that fact doesn’t change my view that this has been a very good first season back in the Championship and it has exceeded my expectations however it pans out.

I also hear what you say about spending other people’s money, but those people have chosen to run a football club which happens to be one of the best supported in the Championship, and so I would at least expect us to be competitively funded next season to give Chris a fighting chance if we’re still in this division. I’m not saying that we should be top six financially, but certainly not bottom six like this season if we are to progress.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast