+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super point

Super point

Outstanding effort today...very well deserved point, especially in light of the 'Old Firm decision' which went in the way of the Old Firm.

That sending off was a shocker. Even st Brendan couldn't defend it on the radio. Scott Browns reaction is shocking, plastic hard man acting like a wee lassie to get a fellow pro sent off just shows you what kind of guy he really is. As for the Ref, a guy who has sent FIVE Motherwell players off this season, One has been recinded and the two kipre dismissals have been a joke. I saw the incident and Thomson wasn't even looking at it, he was facing the cooper stand, heard a shout from the crowd turned round to see Brown's reaction and put two and two together. We have played them four times this season and in three of those games the Ref has had a massive say in Celtics favour. The biggest surprise of the day was he never gave a penalty when that cheating b****** Sinclair dived at the death. Yes it was an outstanding effort from our boys today and they were well worth the point we got. Can't help thinking we would have won the game with eleven men though as Celtic were truly honking today. It took the pressure fight off they're back four which is a bombscare to put it politely. With two up front we would have pressured them into a mistake.
    Last edited by wellin; 18-03-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wellin View Post
    That sending off was a shocker. Even st Brendan couldn't defend it on the radio. Scott Browns reaction is shocking, plastic hard man acting like a wee lassie to get a fellow pro sent off just shows you what kind of guy he really is. As for the Ref, a guy who has sent FIVE Motherwell players off this season, One has been recinded and the two kipre dismissals have been a joke. I saw the incident and Thomson wasn't even looking at it, he was facing the cooper stand, heard a shout from the crowd turned round to see Brown's reaction and put two and two together. We have played them four times this season and in three of those games the Ref has had a massive say in Celtics favour. The biggest surprise of the day was he never gave a penalty when that cheating b****** Sinclair dived at the death. Yes it was an outstanding effort from our boys today and they were well worth the point we got. Can't help thinking we would have won the game with eleven men though as Celtic were truly honking today. It took the pressure fight off they're back four which is a bombscare to put it politely. With two up front we would have pressured them into a mistake.
    Nobody is really counting during the game, of course, but Celtic, on the post - match stats, committed 50% more fouls than we did. So whose players 'need more protection'?

Super point and credit to our players a and management in spite of the man in black doing his best to beat us. Players can retrospectively be punished for their actions during a game and surely the time has come for referees to likewise punished. Thomson wasn’t even watching looking at the Kipre/Brown incident and went by the roar of the crowd and the antics of the powder puff hard man Brown absolute disgrace. They Celtic were there for the taking today
    Last edited by texaco cup; 18-03-2018 at 07:04 PM.

A deserved point for us today as the team dug in and fought to the death. I thought Carson & Campbell were outstanding. The defence stood firm and main put in a great shift. Craig Thomson, not for the first time, ruined a game and if he hadn't red carded Cedric whom knows what might have happened. How Brown wasn't given a yellow for persisternt fouling only Thomson knows. Still, a good point for us. You might beat Celtic but you can't beat the referee.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    Super point and credit to our players a and management in spite of the man in black doing his best to beat us. Players can retrospectively be punished for their actions during a game and surely the time has come for referees to likewise punished. Thomson wasn’t even watching looking at the Kipre/Brown incident and went by the roar of the crowd and the antics of the powder puff hard man Brown absolute disgrace. They Celtic were there for the taking today
    Absolutely. He was running and facing the cooper stand then heard a roar, he turned around to see the hardest footballer in Britain pathetically rolling around holding his leg and flashed the red card without putting a single milli second of thought into it. Brown and Thompson should be ashamed of themselves tonight but something tells me they wont give a s***.

Quote Originally Posted by wellin View Post
    Absolutely. He was running and facing the cooper stand then heard a roar, he turned around to see the hardest footballer in Britain pathetically rolling around holding his leg and flashed the red card without putting a single milli second of thought into it. Brown and Thompson should be ashamed of themselves tonight but something tells me they wont give a s***.
    Brown certainly won't, why should he? He gave his team an excellent chance of winning.

A superb point in very difficult circumstances and yet again the bottle and battling qualities of this team shone through.

First half I thought we were excellent, surprisingly comfortable and created a few good openings. Main can consider himself unfortunate not to have got on the scoresheet as he forced two fine saves from Bain.

Then of course Craig Thomson and Scott Brown intervene. At the time at the game I thought it was a red card and I still maintain that Kipre was slightly naive, but it is simply not a red card. The most protected player in Scotland fouled him, shoved him and Kipre flicks out his foot, but that was no more violent conduct or intended violent conduct than Brown's shove and Clownshoe Thomson had the perfect view of it. It is yet another incident in a match involving us and Celtic this season that has gone against us and one that had it gone the other way it would have dominated the back pages all week as oily Brendan and Celtic's cheerleaders in the press pushed their propaganda.

The second half was a superb defensive performance against all the odds and huge credit to every Motherwell player on that park, especially Carson, Dunne and Tait who kept a very good attacking side at bay. We stood stout and solid and thoroughly deserved our point today.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    Then of course Craig Thomson and Scott Brown intervene. At the time at the game I thought it was a red card and I still maintain that Kipre was slightly naive, but it is simply not a red card. The most protected player in Scotland fouled him, shoved him and Kipre flicks out his foot, but that was no more violent conduct or intended violent conduct than Brown's shove and Clownshoe Thomson had the perfect view of it.
    Did Cedric even touch Brown with his foot? I don't think he did. We should certainly appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Brown certainly won't, why should he? He gave his team an excellent chance of winning.
    I always thought the best way to give your team a chance of winning was to put the ball in the net rather than trying to get the opposition down to ten men by blatantly cheating. maybe I'm to old school now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)