+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    Oh to have chedozie on the right and dave smith on the left pure out and out wingers both brilliant
    You'll be waiting a long long long long time to see that kind of quality at Meadow Lane again.

I wonder how Stevie Carter would get on in the modern game? He's what I would call a natural winger, could beat a man at will and put in a decent cross. I don't remember him doing a lot of tracking back however.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I wonder how Stevie Carter would get on in the modern game? He's what I would call a natural winger, could beat a man at will and put in a decent cross. I don't remember him doing a lot of tracking back however.
    And Adrian Thorpe

Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    Just a thought of his best position. Personally i think hes wasted out on the wing
    1, hes not got the pace to take a defender on
    2, we have natural wingers who should play there everyweek
    3, I see him better playing just in behind stead in front of noble and hewitt who were excellent on saturday. Im just glad nobles got his chance.

He can use both feet shoot and pass and surely would have more influence on the game.

Any thoughts?
    I totally agree as I was chatting only last week to a mate about it but like everyone says I think it's something to look at next season if we have him on loan again than tinker now.

Ade Thorpe was mint (well that's how I remember him when watching him as a kid), the over lapping full back Chris Withe is now my window cleaner, just seems crazy after idolising them, but tbf he's a proper good lad and had some banter with him about when he played.

Didn't we have a new wonder kid on the books last season who Smith gave a debut to? Osborne? He'd be a better option on the bench than having all of Husin, Thick and Smith.

Grant is one of those players that doesn't have an obvious natural position - he's not really any of winger, midfielder or forward and so needs to play in a team that accommodates him. I'm not sure he's (yet) good enough to build a team around by playing 5-2-1-2 with him in the Mark Robson role that Allardyce used.

There's no way Nolan is going to start tampering with the formation again - but it's worth noting that even when we did decide to play 3 in midfield, Grant wasn't one of them which must say something about how Nolan views him in that role.

Grant is defiantly not a winger.
    And never Will be.
    Does very rarely run and beat his defender.
    However he is a very good player in the making
    I would love to see him have a free role in the middle of the park.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12