+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarfend away.....

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Chris Powell will have them fired up for this one.
    They've not won since mid February so it's another potential ' Banana skin ' game. If we go with the right attitude and don't take them for granted we are capable of coming away with at least a point if not all three.
    Same side as Northampton game for me.
    Saw the Shrimpers pitch a couple of weeks ago, didn't look anything like ours at NYS, looks heavy going unless its improved recently.
    Are we capable of coming away with the points with Price in goal? Rodak is on international duty.

Worst ground I’ve ever been to for trouble and that includes the Old Den at Millwall.

I am talking 1978/1979 mind but one of my worst experiences at an away game....apart from the fact we won 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by philthefluter View Post
    Are we capable of coming away with the points with Price in goal? Rodak is on international duty.
    Yes we can phil.
    We knew Rodak would be on U21 duty he should only miss 1 game if it's 19th to the 24th.
    Lewis Price will be fine, defence needs to get organised early.
    He will have a point to prove and after all just think of it as ' squad rotation '

Quote Originally Posted by philthefluter View Post
    Only time will tell, but it sounded like he played well in our last reserves game

Who’s our reserve keeper, Bilboe?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Who’s our reserve keeper, Bilboe?
    Got to be (I don't think he's on loan anywhere at the moment)

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Chris Powell will have them fired up for this one.
    They've not won since mid February so it's another potential ' Banana skin ' game. If we go with the right attitude and don't take them for granted we are capable of coming away with at least a point if not all three.
    Same side as Northampton game for me.
    Saw the Shrimpers pitch a couple of weeks ago, didn't look anything like ours at NYS, looks heavy going unless its improved recently.
    Chris Powell may get them fired up. But I think someone should show PW Powell's pre-season assessment of the Millers chances from his " Flat Cap" articles where he had us down for 18th and questioned whether PW was the man for the job. Mind you, many of our fans felt a similar way. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Worst ground I’ve ever been to for trouble and that includes the Old Den at Millwall.

I am talking 1978/1979 mind but one of my worst experiences at an away game....apart from the fact we won 2-0
    I went there for the first game after we had won the old 2nd division. It was the first time I had witnessed violence inside a stadium. For some reason the had let in about 20 Sarfend fans into the away end. Fighting broke out and I got the hell out of there. I was only 11 though now I'd run faster but with a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I went there for the first game after we had won the old 2nd division. It was the first time I had witnessed violence inside a stadium. For some reason the had let in about 20 Sarfend fans into the away end. Fighting broke out and I got the hell out of there. I was only 11 though now I'd run faster but with a limp.
    On the pitch, Southend had a successful spell in the late 70s and built up some momentum- mainly due to goalscoring winger Colin Morris, who later became a long term player for the Blades

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    On the pitch, Southend had a successful spell in the late 70s and built up some momentum- mainly due to goalscoring winger Colin Morris, who later became a long term player for the Blades
    They were in the old second division for a while weren't they?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast