+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sarfend away.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    While I accept that you must take promotion if you get the chance I personally wouldn’t worry too much if we missed out (as long as we didn’t drop out of the play offs altogether) because we have exceeded my expectations, particularly considering the season we had last year.

Don’t get me wrong, it would be great if we went up, but it is quite possible that all three teams who came down could all go back up.

What does that tell you about the gap in quality between the leagues?
    Agree about the gap in quality between the Leagues.
    Wouldn't bother me if we didn't get promotion, exceeded my expectations and I always make the best whichever Division we're in.
    Would it be a new stat, three teams relegated and return back at the first attempt.

Now that is a good question!!

I know a couple of instances in the Prem where two teams relegated have been immediately promoted the following season. Not three though. Too hard for me that one

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Agree about the gap in quality between the Leagues.
    Wouldn't bother me if we didn't get promotion, exceeded my expectations and I always make the best whichever Division we're in.
    Would it be a new stat, three teams relegated and return back at the first attempt.
    There is a gap in quality between the leagues, but the Blades and Millwall have proved that you can be competitive in the Championship just as long as you stick to the principles that got you up in the first place. I feel that we are building a squad that is united in every sense and, if we can eradicate defensive mistakes and make a couple of astute signings we will be okay. Would love to keep Towell and Rodak for next season wherever we may be.

Quote Originally Posted by sCORaFU View Post
    There is a gap in quality between the leagues, but the Blades and Millwall have proved that you can be competitive in the Championship just as long as you stick to the principles that got you up in the first place. I feel that we are building a squad that is united in every sense and, if we can eradicate defensive mistakes and make a couple of astute signings we will be okay. Would love to keep Towell and Rodak for next season wherever we may be.
    Both of those teams (Blades and Millwall) carried the momentum from the previous season. A lot of clubs do but it's the following season that hurts. Unless you can invest well and have a good set up as a whole with staff to do all that's needed it'll be tough for any team/club.

So far it's been a wonderful season which is much better than our expectations

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Both of those teams (Blades and Millwall) carried the momentum from the previous season. A lot of clubs do but it's the following season that hurts. Unless you can invest well and have a good set up as a whole with staff to do all that's needed it'll be tough for any team/club.

So far it's been a wonderful season which is much better than our expectations
    Yes its the difficult second season that gets to teams. I think that the fans have a part to play as well if we do get promoted. I feel we need to increase the numbers, which is always difficult given our general lack of confidence as fans. This may trigger the need to extend, which would in turn increase revenue. I think we would need at least 8-9k season tickets for this to happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by sCORaFU View Post
    Yes its the difficult second season that gets to teams. I think that the fans have a part to play as well if we do get promoted. I feel we need to increase the numbers, which is always difficult given our general lack of confidence as fans. This may trigger the need to extend, which would in turn increase revenue. I think we would need at least 8-9k season tickets for this to happen though.
    This will take this thread from trips to Sarfend to stadium needs but I don't think we'll find the fans unless we sign the players people want to see. We're at the limit for us I feel but for the away supporters it could be worth investing in an extention to the away end only.

I don't know what size crowds Sarfend got whilst they were there and if they're as friendly today.

Weather forecast is decent now. Sunny intervals and breezy.
    Great for a pre match stroll on the pier / beach

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Weather forecast is decent now. Sunny intervals and breezy.
    Great for a pre match stroll on the pier / beach
    Decided to drive down with the kids and will nip into the Bell Toby Carvery. Hope to see plenty of Millers down there. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by ThryberghMILLER23 View Post
    Decided to drive down with the kids and will nip into the Bell Toby Carvery. Hope to see plenty of Millers down there. UTM
    Take them on the sea front berghy and spend some cash on them.
    There should still be a Weatherspoons in town if anyone has any CAMRA vouchers they want to get rid of.

Won't make a prediction as to the score.....I always get it wrong.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast