+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarfend away.....

Sarfend away.....

Just been mulling over their recent form.

Mid table and had a relatively good February taking 10 from 12 points. March so far has seen them dip only taking 3 from 12. Not always an ideal time to play a team dipping in form as it can turn in a blink.

Looking at the teams they've played in March, Walsall, Donny, Rochdale and Blackpool all are not in the top 10 so a bit like us, stumbling a little against bottom teams of late.

It all depends how Warne sees this one. Being brave enough to tinker with the team like he did yesterday did freshen it up but, reading through the posts about yesterday's result didn't say we overwhelmed them, however, the changes paid off and we bagged 3 points.

Will Warne leave it as it is or once again make a lot of changes? Wood back in? Think he will leave Palmer in as he sounds to have made a good impact in the last two games.

Take a point away from home to keep us in the play off run, owt else would be great.

At the beginning of the season weren't Sarfend fancied to be in the mix come the end of the season?

They had their own little Blackstock type signing that didn't go as well as it ought to have..

The only change I would make is Wood for Ajayi and move Vaulks across to the right hand side. I had thought that giving Icky a start would be a good move but maybe Wood and Vaulks in there would give experience and skill needed plus another, safer outball for the midfielders.

Ex players.
    Anthony Wordsworth and Mark Oxley was on our books before he was sold to Hull as the next big thing.
    Decent keeper

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Ex players.
    Anthony Wordsworth and Mark Oxley was on our books before he was sold to Hull as the next big thing.
    Decent keeper
    Anyone got tge number for the supporters club for coach details to this game ?

Quote Originally Posted by ThryberghMILLER23 View Post
    It's on the RUFC Official website... details are often pinned up in the New York Tavern too

Quote Originally Posted by ThryberghMILLER23 View Post
    If you Google Supporters Club- Rotherham United it will put a couple of links up.
    It's a guy called Brian, there's some pics of him and others from the Supporters Club with John Breckin and some of the player's.

They usually advertise in Friday's Advertiser if you live local.
    I do have the mobile no however I'm not prepared to put it on here in full view.
    Any problems let me know and I will give him a call for you.

See you down at Southend.

I think that Oxley (technically very good) was sold as a youngster by Ronnie Moore because
    1) At the time we were short of money that was needed to strengthen the rest of the team
    2) Ronnie prefers "six-foot-seven" keepers and Oxley isn't all that tall
    A shame that we had to sell him really, but we were in a difficult situation at the time.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 18-03-2018 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    I think that Oxley (technically very good) was sold as a youngster by Ronnie Moore because
    1) At the time we were short of money to strengthen the rest of the team
    2) Ronnie prefers "six-foot-seven" keepers and Oxley isn't that tall
    Is that " six-foot-seven " or " seven-foot-six " mike lol.

Mark played for the England Under 18's and Under20's a couple of times, decent prospect when he left us for Hull.

Chris Powell will have them fired up for this one.
    They've not won since mid February so it's another potential ' Banana skin ' game. If we go with the right attitude and don't take them for granted we are capable of coming away with at least a point if not all three.
    Same side as Northampton game for me.
    Saw the Shrimpers pitch a couple of weeks ago, didn't look anything like ours at NYS, looks heavy going unless its improved recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    If you Google Supporters Club- Rotherham United it will put a couple of links up.
    It's a guy called Brian, there's some pics of him and others from the Supporters Club with John Breckin and some of the player's.

They usually advertise in Friday's Advertiser if you live local.
    I do have the mobile no however I'm not prepared to put it on here in full view.
    Any problems let me know and I will give him a call for you.

See you down at Southend.
    Cheers pal I've text him

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast