+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: English rugby- any fans out there. ?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    You are wasting your time Ashy.. Whatever you say Sinky will find an argument..lol
    No I won't.

Besides I've watched it, I saw England play the Kangaroos in the World Cup. I was bored. But I did miss the mighty, mighty, Lebanon. Perhaps I was unlucky and just watched the wrong teams,? Are they still playing in Blackpool, I seem to recall a League team out there, is it still going, playing to packed houses ?

"When it comes to bodies through turnstiles, England's union game has the edge. The Aviva Premiership (union) had an average attendance of 13,354 in the 2014/15 season while the Super League (league) 2014 season had an average attendance of 8,365."

"Twickenham attracted 81,193 fans for Saracens' triumph over Bath in the Premiership final in May, while St. Helens' victory over Wigan Warriors at last year's Super League final was seen by 70,102 at Old Trafford."

"England's Rugby Football Union (RFU) is the richest association in world rugby. In 2014 it generated revenue of £152.2m.
    The Rugby Football League (RFL) generated just £19.2m."

No comment from me, the facts speak for themselves.

I still can't get my head around why you only get 6 goes and then you have to give the ball back? Fcuking bonkers to me!

Attachment 8933

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "When it comes to bodies through turnstiles, England's union game has the edge. The Aviva Premiership (union) had an average attendance of 13,354 in the 2014/15 season while the Super League (league) 2014 season had an average attendance of 8,365."

"Twickenham attracted 81,193 fans for Saracens' triumph over Bath in the Premiership final in May, while St. Helens' victory over Wigan Warriors at last year's Super League final was seen by 70,102 at Old Trafford."

"England's Rugby Football Union (RFU) is the richest association in world rugby. In 2014 it generated revenue of £152.2m.
    The Rugby Football League (RFL) generated just £19.2m."

No comment from me, the facts speak for themselves.
    So a league which contains clubs from 9 cities and Sale , Northampton and Reading can attract average gates of 13000+ whilst Rugby League with just 3 city teams plus 9 others from various small communities attracts an average of just 5000 less. Makes you wonder.

When Old Trafford expands its capacity the RL Fianl will attract just under the capacity of 88000 --what will Twickers do then?

Finally, if the RFU is getting that much moneyin its coffers it is time they did something to make the game more attractive to watch. You have to remember that Rugby Union is looked upon as a game played by gentlemen and the hierarchy need to be seen as supporting Union because we who support League certainly know our place and have no pretensions.

...why do they have to give the ball back?

"And we are live at Turf Moor, Lowton passes to Mee, Mee to Ward, Ward to Barnes, Barnes to Wood, Wood to Lennon, Lennon to Wood and back it goes to the other fcuking team". Bonkers!

BT ---a lack of understanding doesn't help your cause ---get the paint out and leave the enjoyment of proper sport to those who understand it.
    Your scenario would also give it back to the other team ---if Wood puts the ball in the net, unfortunately, this has not happened too often this season and we have contrived to give the ball back in any case.
    Power to your Dulux.

A couple more questions,

1) Why six goes, why not five say, or seven ?
    2) Why don't they play League in the south of England ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    A couple more questions,

1) Why six goes, why not five say, or seven ?
    2) Why don't they play League in the south of England ?
    I watched a cracking rugby league match on Wareham rugby union club last summer between Devon RFL and Dorset RFL ..some good players who play both codes.. Had a drink with them after the game and they all love the league game..

Its on the up darn Sarf..

https://www.rugbyclubs.info/rugbyleague.php

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT ---a lack of understanding doesn't help your cause ---get the paint out and leave the enjoyment of proper sport to those who understand it.
    Your scenario would also give it back to the other team ---if Wood puts the ball in the net, unfortunately, this has not happened too often this season and we have contrived to give the ball back in any case.
    Power to your Dulux.
    I still can't get a honest answer to a honest question! Ah well, back to watching the paint dry...

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I watched a cracking rugby league match on Wareham rugby union club last summer between Devon RFL and Dorset RFL ..some good players who play both codes.. Had a drink with them after the game and they all love the league game..

Its on the up darn Sarf..

https://www.rugbyclubs.info/rugbyleague.php
    Good to see both codes getting on with each other in the sarf. Pity it can't happen up here where anyone posting about Union is immediately attacked, denigrated and abused by bitter, twisted and jealous supporters of that minority sport.

Shame on you League fans.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)