+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player ratings vs Mansfield

Player ratings vs Mansfield

Thought I'd start one of these as nobody else has.

Collin 6 - doesn't inspire confidence at all, but made a couple of decent saves in difficult conditions. His kicking is so bad though.
    Tootle 6 - had a tough time as Stags overlapped well down their left (that Benning looks really good), but solid enough.
    Hall 7.5 - solid at the back. Looks like a great prospect.
    Duffy 8 - A great game from the captain. Won everything in the air and dealt with the ball well on the floor.
    Dickinson 6 - OK, but doesn't have the quality of Jones going forward. Great delivery from corners though.
    Hawkridge 6 - I thought he struggled in the adverse conditions. Not really his type of game, although he grabbed a goal
    Noble 8 - his best game since returning. Always looked for the killer ball and battled really well. Showed controlled aggression in midfield - just what we needed.
    Hewitt 8.5 - my MotM with another great performance. His transition from weak right-back to midfield boss has been incredible. He would be my first name on the team sheet these days.
    Grant 6.5 - great ball to Ameobi in the first half and worked hard defensively.
    Stead 7.5 - never stopped running and battling, but a thankless task as always
    6.5 - missed a sitter and ran out of steam in the second half. We need a third attacking option.

Not sure on individual ratings, but the kop did a lovely rendition of 'it's all gone quiet over there' following our goal.

A rather grim game. Couldn't see 1/4 of it for the snow. I thought Mansfield were the slighly better team but yet it was quite bitter to lose the lead in the 96th minute to a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    Not sure on individual ratings, but the kop did a lovely rendition of 'it's all gone quiet over there' following our goal.

A rather grim game. Couldn't see 1/4 of it for the snow. I thought Mansfield were the slighly better team but yet it was quite bitter to lose the lead in the 96th minute to a penalty.
    " A rather grim game " you obviously don't go often !

A number of good displays yesterday in a much improved overall performance.

Collin - 5.5 - Decent save from a header right at the end, but his decision to stay rooted to his line for every corner and high ball caused unnecessary panic; a good keeper takes control in those situations. An obvious target and an accident waiting to happen.

Tootle - 6.5 - Solid defensively against a good opponent. Unable to get forward as much as usual.

Hall - 8 - A class act. Barely put a foot wrong since coming into the side. Combines the best qualities of Duffy and Brisley.
    Duffy - 8 - A number of crucial blocks, interceptions and headers. Positioning spot-on throughout. Great game.

Dickinson - 7 - Suits the derby setting. Very committed throughout and better on the ball than in recent games.

Hawkridge- 6.5 - Still not convinced he got a touch for the goal. Worked hard but wish he’d be more positive and attack the full-back more.

Hewitt - 7.5 - Work he does off the ball is so important. Alongside Noble, completely dominated the midfield. One crunching 50/50 on their gobby no.7 first half was a particular highlight; credit to the ref for not blowing here too as many would’ve.

Noble - 9* - The complete midfield display. Endless energy and running off the ball, quality and composed on it. Can’t ever remember seeing him play better.

Grant - 7 - Provided an outlet first half and created the best chance of the match for Ameobi. Put in a real shift defensively second half and never shirked a tackle.

Ameobi - 7.5 - Looked really up for it and they struggled to cope with his physicality. Missed a sitter but instantly made-up for it with header on the bar which created/scored from the resultant corner.

Stead - 7.5 - A lack of service but unbelievable work rate. He’s 35 next month; astounding fitness levels.

Subs

Alessandra - 5 - Undoubted error cost us two points. Not the man to bring on to do a defensive job on the right; if anything he should’ve come on upfront to take advantage of the space in-behind (where was Forte?!).

Smith - N/A- Won a couple of headers. Again felt that the wrong man came off.

Noble was excellent, his positioning and awareness was great to watch and he bossed the midfield.
    Hawkridge had a bad game regardless if he scored or not.
    Stead’s lack of youth is compensated by his absolute desire to keep going. The guy runs himself into the ground and I love him for that.
    Shola is a 60 minute man but I think he stayed on the pitch to help defend corners and free kicks.
    I’m still gutted by the nature of the draw. It’s inevitable that we would sit back but we should have worked harder to keep the ball when we had it.

Always love these ratings threads... delighted that Noble is finally showing us his worth, that's 2 games in a row he has been MOTM which can only be good news, we need him and Hewitt to stay for for the run in now

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Stead’s lack of youth
    If Carlsberg did euphemisms