+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trolls have succeeded

Spare a thought for the teams who don't ever win promotion or get relegated, they're ALWAYS midtable, must be boring being a fan of them

Not including the small number of Premier league ever presents

I'm bored of the board because of the bore who requires his gub boarded up.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    i will worry about that, when and if it happens, but i wont be holding my breath anytime soon fella . Lol

I wish you would hold your breath.

Preferably for about 10 minutes....

Notts c, grimsby, Birmingham, Leicester, man c, and Millwall, these 6 like to entertain their fans as they have the most promotions and relegations, double figures for both in their histories

But ya know what, I'll keep supporting LEEDS UNITED!

Simples really .......... piece of cake Clive - we'll suss the answer,don't worry mate.

A Director of Football is in constant communication with his counterparts around the UK,Europe and World so knows what others are paying and contract lengths.

You would not believe what goes into a footballers 'contract proposal' today but one thing for sure is the DoF is under a Chief Executive whose prime concern is balancing the books !

The CE will know the balance sheet,the value and price of everything - every number which he'll dictate to the DoF.The CE role at Leeds is primary about commercial performance of the club,IMO,previous the remit was to bring in cash for player sales to balance poor commercial revenue.Now - our current CE has his finger on the pulse 24/7 from shirt sponsors,stadium advertising avenues,catering,beverages and attracting non football events to the ground to maximise revenue streams.

The CE gets his budget from the Rad and gives some to our DoF who works with the Manager/Coach to determine how they 'spread' it across the squad with the Manager/Coach always asking for more ............. so the DoF needs more Scouts to report to his Chief Scout as the Coach/Manager requires better players........

This system is still finally being put into place please note.

In the mean time we've FFP to contend with so we can't overspend,can't borrow money that we can't pay back as the club must be a self perpetuating business unless we flog our better players to clubs who'll then only pay transfer payments spread over 5 years to us.

Problem is that's the same scenario at most other clubs were in competition with unless of course we ........... well become a Wolves or a WBA or a Everton or a ...... Arsenal or a Scum Utd or maybe a Man City but as it is we've got what we've got and we're working on it or working on something.

Maybe these folks have a revenue answer https://www.leedsfansutd.co.uk or maybe even these folks https://www.leedsunitedtrust.com/wp-...ter-Feb-18.pdf

ALAW- MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Simples really .......... piece of cake Clive - we'll suss the answer,don't worry mate.

A Director of Football is in constant communication with his counterparts around the UK,Europe and World so knows what others are paying and contract lengths.

You would not believe what goes into a footballers 'contract proposal' today but one thing for sure is the DoF is under a Chief Executive whose prime concern is balancing the books !

The CE will know the balance sheet,the value and price of everything - every number which he'll dictate to the DoF.The CE role at Leeds is primary about commercial performance of the club,IMO,previous the remit was to bring in cash for player sales to balance poor commercial revenue.Now - our current CE has his finger on the pulse 24/7 from shirt sponsors,stadium advertising avenues,catering,beverages and attracting non football events to the ground to maximise revenue streams.

The CE gets his budget from the Rad and gives some to our DoF who works with the Manager/Coach to determine how they 'spread' it across the squad with the Manager/Coach always asking for more ............. so the DoF needs more Scouts to report to his Chief Scout as the Coach/Manager requires better players........

This system is still finally being put into place please note.

In the mean time we've FFP to contend with so we can't overspend,can't borrow money that we can't pay back as the club must be a self perpetuating business unless we flog our better players to clubs who'll then only pay transfer payments spread over 5 years to us.

Problem is that's the same scenario at most other clubs were in competition with unless of course we ........... well become a Wolves or a WBA or a Everton or a ...... Arsenal or a Scum Utd or maybe a Man City but as it is we've got what we've got and we're working on it or working on something.

Maybe these folks have a revenue answer https://www.leedsfansutd.co.uk or maybe even these folks https://www.leedsunitedtrust.com/wp-...ter-Feb-18.pdf

ALAW- MOT
    A number of people think FFP is probably unlawful for similar logic but different reasons to the Bosman ruling on free movement at the end of a players contract. That seems to be part of the reason why it is not really enforced properly at the moment.

if you ever have the desire or are unfortunate to have the need to look at the FIFA, FA or a football League rules then are not the greatest piece of drafting known to man and I suspect a fair few would not stand up to legal challenge.

I suspect the football league were relieved for many reasons when MC sold up but one being he was about to rol his sleeves up and take them on. The whole thing with the status of his Italian ‘convictions’ being a case in point. The full decisions were interesting reading.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Yeah, we fkn know that !!! But equally I will keep supporting LUFC, I will keep hoping, before every single game, that 2 hours later we'll have won - EVERY SINGLE GAME, HOPING ! You offer nothing except that until we're owned by a billionaire then we're doomed to at best mediocrity, at worst relegation, and there's absolutely no point in telling anyone that because it offers nothing. So unless you've got something useful to contribute then there's no point saying anything at all. You're constantly and repetitively saying the same negative pointless sh1te over and over again.
    when there is something positive to post about , i will be the first on here to say it , like if radrizaani slings his hook and sells up to somebody who can do the business both on and off the pitch . lol

but lets be honest here , there as been fcuk all positive to post about this club for a very long time , it as just been one catastrophe after another .
    Last edited by Marley past ghosts; 20-03-2018 at 01:00 AM.

Are you still up to NO good on here again eh Marls lol.... ohhh Hecky what are you playing at lad ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Are you still up to NO good on here again eh Marls lol.... ohhh Hecky what are you playing at lad ?.
    i am creating discussion acido, as to the why,s and wherefores of fans who post on here , walk round with their heads up their arse every season .lol if there was a league table for blind faith . optimism , and gullabilty we would win it every year fella . lol
    Last edited by Marley past ghosts; 20-03-2018 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    i am creating discussion acido, as to the why,s and wherefores of fans who post on here , walk round with their heads up their arse every season .lol if there was a league for blind faith . optimism , and gullabilty we would win it every year fella . lol
    And you STILL keep posting what you think eh Marls, wow this is getting intresting now kid.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)