+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: The Trolls have succeeded

Nice try mate....don't hold your breath.

Sorry to hear your news HO. Falling out about LUFC seems pretty ludicrous in that context. My mum just had a major op for stomach cancer, so I know the feeling.

At the end of the day we don’t know anyone on here personally or know their motives for their posts but mostly people seem genuine and just passionate about Leeds without being patronising or unpleasant. Hopefully things will get better, but that’s been a hope for quite a while now. What some don’t seem to realise is that if you don’t live in Leeds and have people around you that support the club, a forum like this can be a way to discuss and talk about something important to you with like minded others. Kind of like Marley and his pub but without the aggression.

Sadly it does seem that we aren’t allowed to have that kind of forum here. Not sure what’s so wrong with a bunch of people talking about football and giving their opinions, but I suppose there’s always one or two in the pub (maybe even in Marley’s) who try to dominate and tell everyone what to think and do.

Anyway hang in there with your news, and I guess it may get better on here after a while too.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    I believe from what Mrs O has said that you do to games at ER so unless you are a masochist then I guess you do support Leeds but .....

i dont get the invective directed at fellow Leeds fans on this forum often offensive and sometimes racist. As for belittling people who don’t go to games, and some who have to,d you they would but can’t afford to, that just seems very mean spirited.

we all have opinions but they are ours and as a fellow Leeds fan I would have thought you would pay heed to MOT or ALAW a little more and disagree in a more constructive manner.

It is clearly up to you but if you are a Leeds fan I don’t get why/how you get your kicks from behaving the way you do. Almost everyone else irrespective of their take on all things Leeds seems to agree you have pushed it too far.

I am trying to be nice about this but am raising for two reasons; first your actions are resulting in flak going towards Mrs O and, second, got the news this morning that someone I know quite well died this morning aged 50 from a huge heart attack despite being seemingly fit and healthy. Simply reinforces how short life actually is and need to try to enjoy it whilst it lasts. As such, a genuine request Marley please stop belittling everyone on here and trying to ruin this forum.

I cant stop you from behaving how you wish to but I can try to ask nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Sorry to hear your news HO. Falling out about LUFC seems pretty ludicrous in that context. My mum just had a major op for stomach cancer, so I know the feeling.

At the end of the day we don’t know anyone on here personally or know their motives for their posts but mostly people seem genuine and just passionate about Leeds without being patronising or unpleasant. Hopefully things will get better, but that’s been a hope for quite a while now. What some don’t seem to realise is that if you don’t live in Leeds and have people around you that support the club, a forum like this can be a way to discuss and talk about something important to you with like minded others. Kind of like Marley and his pub but without the aggression.

Sadly it does seem that we aren’t allowed to have that kind of forum here. Not sure what’s so wrong with a bunch of people talking about football and giving their opinions, but I suppose there’s always one or two in the pub (maybe even in Marley’s) who try to dominate and tell everyone what to think and do.

Anyway hang in there with your news, and I guess it may get better on here after a while too.
    Thanks Jez

Always sad when people you know are taken away particularly when still relatively young and seemingly healthy not least when they have kids still at school too. Was a super bloke too who did so much to help others, fund raising, coaching, giving lifts and organising stuff as well as being very successful and busy work wise.

Those things make you realise how little time we have and to make the most of it.

in terms of the rest of your post I agree with every word.

i like the fact we have/had people from all over and that when peeps go to games they share feedback for those that can’t go or can’t get there very often.

cheers

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Thanks Jez

Always sad when people you know are taken away particularly when still relatively young and seemingly healthy not least when they have kids still at school too. Was a super bloke too who did so much to help others, fund raising, coaching, giving lifts and organising stuff as well as being very successful and busy work wise.

Those things make you realise how little time we have and to make the most of it.

in terms of the rest of your post I agree with every word.

i like the fact we have/had people from all over and that when peeps go to games they share feedback for those that can’t go or can’t get there very often.

cheers

MOT
    Was just checking in to see if this had gone anywhere.

Very saddened to hear your news mate.

That's perspective for you.

Thanks Orgs

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    That joke will be funnier later in the week.
    * Gets whacked by Sister Wortley *
    Nice to see you still being as sensible as me as a Mod, eh Orgs.
    Btw, I called her 'auntie Wortley' a few years ago and my feet never touched the ground. Wow, I learned my lesson there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Nice to see you still being as sensible as me as a Mod, eh Orgs.
    Btw, I called her 'auntie Wortley' a few years ago and my feet never touched the ground. Wow, I learned my lesson there lol.
    Don't worry, I'm hiding behind the sofa.

* Damn! *

I am feeling mellow Orgs but jus for today

Quote Originally Posted by wortleygirl View Post
    Sister of Mercy?!

I'm the least of the problems on here at the moment, bad jokes excepted......

Quote Originally Posted by wortleygirl View Post
    yikes Wortley- hola mi amiga

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)