+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Manager

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    I can see it happening now... villa get promoted and you offer Bruce a bonus and we go for someone young and exciting like Silva.

Pardew has been a disaster. Wish you the best for the future but it is a massive massive appointment

You are correct Sam - Pardew has been a disaster and that's a tame word! I can't see you getting promoted though as you are not good enough - Cardiff and Fulham and better, and don't even think there would be much to choose between you Derby or Boro. Chester has found is level in the championship as premiership he's not!!!

See you next year - Witton Arms here we come!

Whoever it is we can't go back to hiving total control of the club to the next one like what we did with pulis, that left us without a pit to p1$$ in virtually with decent temporary back up staff

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Like.....

Pearson/ Shakespeare the only option for me, guaranteed all action management, tough attitudes which we will need to climb out of the hole we are in....if not the first season probably the next.

I would now go with Pearson as he won't stand any crap from those overpaid jumped up excuse for footballers! So yes agree with you!

Not an inspiring list is it. Not original choice from me either but I am in the Pearson/Shakespeare camp as well.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I would now go with Pearson as he won't stand any crap from those overpaid jumped up excuse for footballers! So yes agree with you!
    I think he's a good manager, but I don't like the way he carries himself or acts in interviews. I think he has a bit of baggage around him too. I would steer clear.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    This is going to be the biggest decision our board will make this summer. Predicting it won't be AP who has presided over a terrible run.

I see Silva is favourite with the bookies, I'm not sure about him, only because I don't think he will know the championship that well. Having said that, there aren't many names on the list that are exciting me.....

Craig Shakespeare would probably be up there for me.

Who does everyone want??

Latest odds

Marco Silva - EVS

Michael O'Neill - 5/2

Michael Appleton - 4/1

Harry Redknapp - 5/1

Martin O'Neill - 7/2

Derek McInnes - 12/1

Gary Megson - 14/1

Dean Smith - 16/1

Ronald Koeman - 20/1

Nigel Pearson 25/1

Craig Shakespeare - 25/1

Graham Potter - 25/1
    Owen Coyle has come into the betting at 4/1, yes I said Owen Coyle.

I think he's a good manager, but I don't like the way he carries himself or acts in interviews. I think he has a bit of baggage around him too. I would steer clear.
    wont be him too abrasive for our board.

That's what is needed around the Hawthorns at the moment, interviews don't win matches and the 'baggage' as you put it was all down to a couple of players and his son doing things on a video in Thailand, Pearson wasn't involved in any of that...unlike Pardew who was as drunk as a skunk in Barcelona. If you read about Pearson being in charge of OH Leuven who are owned by the King Power bosses who own Leicester...read what the Leicester owner has to say about Pearson's ability in football.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41359610

https://www.theguardian.com/football...cester-ostrich

Quote Originally Posted by wbatillidie View Post
    wont be him too abrasive for our board.
    By his own admission he has 'learned a few lessons'.

Just how long is Pardew's contract

I heard with horror Pardew saying he had 3 more yeares and was going to see it out
    He looks absolutely demoralised, lost waiting for the payoff as he surely will struggle to get another job - his record is trully appaling.
    But lai will be saving every penny waiting to asset strip- parachute payments , player sales etc maybe sell ground for revelopment if planning says ok. He wants out of this club. failed business strategy, no interest in foot ball- he'll take the money and run.
    Where we end up- freefall or wherever is no longer his concern
    So back to my question - what is length of Pardew's contract / coz he's here to the last minute of the last day

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)