+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Manager

Dean Smith if he could bring the brains behind the way they use the moneyball system so well.

I also like these Alex Neill at Preston, young and got Norwich promoted has,Preston up there now.

I believe he will have learnt from his relegation at Norwich and and because of his relative youth could be an excellent manager in the long term.

Don't want Pearson's, as I didn't like the way walked out robbo got the boot and his time at direby does not inspire me.

Surely there is a reason he is plying his trade in Belgium's 2nd tier.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Dean Smith if he could bring the brains behind the way they use the moneyball system so well.

I also like these Alex Neill at Preston, young and got Norwich promoted has,Preston up there now.

I believe he will have learnt from his relegation at Norwich and and because of his relative youth could be an excellent manager in the long term.

Don't want Pearson's, as I didn't like the way walked out robbo got the boot and his time at direby does not inspire me.

I watched Brentford on the box the other night. They were easy on the eye and dominated a good Cardiff side. And they lost 3-1, all goals conceded to set pieces.

I feel like he would be another Mowbray.

I'm not advocating another Pulis type manager, but I want our next manager to be someone who knows how to properly defend a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I watched Brentford on the box the other night. They were easy on the eye and dominated a good Cardiff side. And they lost 3-1, all goals conceded to set pieces.

I feel like he would be another Mowbray.

I'm not advocating another Pulis type manager, but I want our next manager to be someone who knows how to properly defend a corner.
    Danny Cowley has done a great job at Lincoln, remember Atkinson came from Cambridge.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post

Reading between the lines I believe he is there trying to build a feeder club for Leicester as the boss of King Power (it's easier to call him that rather than try to spell his name) owns both clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by splinter View Post
    Danny Cowley has done a great job at Lincoln, remember Atkinson came from Cambridge.
    yes he did come from Cambridge BUT he took over one of the best teams in England at the time .took a lot of credit for other people’s work.

For me Ron Atkinson was the greatest manager we ever had in my lifetime. His starting point was inheriting some very talented players but the way he moulded them into a team was nothing short of spectacular. Every player wanted to play for Big Ron nearly every game was a joy whether we won or lost (semi against Ipswich aside) It was swashbuckling stuff, do or die attacking football that I will probably never see the like again by Albion.

I firmly believe that teams reflect the personality of their manager. Atkinson was a flamboyant individual and his Albion side reflected this. Yes, he did inherit some good players but he encouraged an attractive, swash buckling style of football. On the other side of the coin Pulis was a more dour character and his team's reflected this. Hodgson was somewhere in between and again the side performed in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    yes he did come from Cambridge BUT he took over one of the best teams in England at the time .took a lot of credit for other people’s work.
    Yes agree with you on this one I always said that it was Giles team.

Quote Originally Posted by splinter View Post
    Yes agree with you on this one I always said that it was Giles team.
    We shouldn't underestimate Ronnie Allen's contribution in between.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    We shouldn't underestimate Ronnie Allen's contribution in between.
    Ron was very fortunate inheriting the players that he did. He failed to add, build upon and further develop that squad.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)