Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT - Aren't you guys gonna have a meet-up?

OT - Aren't you guys gonna have a meet-up?

This was a normal affair with you lot courtesy of that sheep lover - Angry.

Especially going to an Indian joint for some mutton curry. How come it has stopped?
    Why don't I get the ball rolling for you guys this time?

Let's have a show of hands (replies) of those interested in either a pre-match or post match meet up.

Probably after a home game, would be best. Which of you works or owns a pub? I remember there was 1. That should be a good rendezvous. A few pints and some grub. Discuss about football and of course several toasts to my long life and repopulation efforts!

If its a curry, no thanks. If its after a home match - no thanks, I only do away games in southeast!

So that sounds like a meet up at Wembley - but last time that was arranged Rattea said he was coming, so the whole thing rather fell flat on its arse since no-one wanted to meet him. I also fear that DDD still reads on here and would turn up, knowing full well he would not be welcome, but he would do it just to cause mischief.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post

Probably after a home game, would be best. Which of you works or owns a pub? I remember there was 1.
    That was Triz if I remember rightly, but he's not been seen for a couple of years?

Ah yes, it was Triz. Don't worry about Dx3. How about the Preston, Villa or Wolves away fixtures?
    Unless the majority still prefer a home game. Anyway can you move about after your injury, Roger you codger?

Hmmm - Preston Villa and Wolves are in the southeast all of a sudden?

I can move but the swelling in my groin remains as immense as ever - not that this has anything to do with the accident

Not me,but Romanis would love the chance to meet up with his new friends.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Hmmm - Preston Villa and Wolves are in the southeast all of a sudden?

I can move but the swelling in my groin remains as immense as ever - not that this has anything to do with the accident
    No Southeast games I'm afraid, but these are the possible 3. You'll hv to travel a bit I'm afraid.

Better check that swelling sir. Could be your brains reacting badly to something you've been doing at your nether regions! Trolol.

Ok back to topic, I do realise it's a wee bit difficult with games running out. If you get to Wembley that would be a super special reason for a meet up.
    If the rendezvous can't be arranged this season, I would then suggest a summer meet up during the WC, pick a suitable game and everyone who's keen can join in, preferably in some pub or restaurant that shows the footy.
    I would rule out England games, it would be jammed pack and you guys won't really have quality time amidst all the ruckus.
    Maybe a Frogs match or the Samba Boys. It would good if Tricky and Essex could come. Essex would be suitable for you right Roger?
    Essexred could play 'host' and pick out a suitable location.
    We could also invite that Dyke - Acido, Claw54, Hugh Jerection of Cardiff and maybe gardsPNE.

I don't foresee any trouble, I think everyone's matured enough. Other club fans could provide a bit extra of banter and it's good to know others. If DDD turns up, well if he's better behaved in person than in here, then why not? He's still a Ram after all.
    If he does come and misbehaves, well, we do the boys in blue to call and I'm sure without them, you all can easily 'handle' him.

And yes, we can and should IMO invite Swale, although I'll exclude Ratflea (because of the previous) and obviously our forum boss, Bloomer, if he's not too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by adlestropred View Post
    Not me,but Romanis would love the chance to meet up with his new friends.
    I know you're stupid, but firstly, you're not on the guest list to begin with and secondly, dumb dumb, I'm not coming, even if someone pays for the plane ticket.

Now run along, this thread is about grown ups having a rendezvous, not for 13 year olds like you who'll need to bring parents along to keep an eye on.

I know you're stupid, but firstly, you're not on the guest list to begin with and secondly, dumb dumb, I'm not coming, even if someone pays for the plane ticket.

Now run along, this thread is about grown ups having a rendezvous, not for 13 year olds like you who'll need to bring parents along to keep an eye on.
    13 ? Those pills are working fine.

You two really donít get on do you? Whatís the back story? Adlestrop doesnít seem so bad to me.
    Iím across the Ďpondí for the majority of the the remaining home matches...still hoping for an invite to Ramjet Towers on play off weekend though...so long as I donít have to share with R4D2 or whatever he was called.

Excellent, so we now have 1 person interested - RA. And Ramjet if it's within 1 leg hopping distance!
    Tricky should come, although he doesn't drink. It'll be good to cheer the old bugger up after his near death experience. Show of solidarity against dreadful disease. He could bring his German Shepherds if you guys need protection from miscreants like DDD and his Forest twin - adlestrop.

Excellent, so we now have 1 person interested - RA. And Ramjet if it's within 1 leg hopping distance!
    Tricky should come, although he doesn't drink. It'll be good to cheer the old bugger up after his near death experience. Show of solidarity against dreadful disease. He could bring his German Shepherds if you guys need protection from miscreants like DDD and his Forest twin - adlestrop.
    Me being Ďinterstedí and ĎTricky should comeí can never both appear in the same paragraph.
    Iím just testing the Ramjet hospitality...sure thereís a heart in there somewhere.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 19-03-2018 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Me being ‘intersted’ and ‘Tricky should come’ can never both appear in the same paragraph.
    I’m just testing the Ramjet hospitality...sure there’s a heart in there somewhere.

Lolz. Fair enough. But is it safe to take up the Ramjet hospitality on your own? He's a randy old sod that one, he might ply you with drinks and once you're konked out, you could never be sure that you were 'interfered with.' Best to have others around.

Lolz. Fair enough. But is it safe to take up the Ramjet hospitality on your own? He's a randy old sod that one, he might ply you with drinks and once you're konked out, you could never be sure that you were 'interfered with.' Best to have others around.
    Not really. Be very wary you might be being set up for a gang rape.

based on the way this thread has gone, and previous disasters I've been party to, I'll pass on the meetup

Not really. Be very wary you might be being set up for a gang rape.
    Oh dear...think you pair have spent far too long in Nottingham.

Sorry, not you Andy...the two daft lads from Sherwood...think Iíll pass too...Roms career as social secretary was spectacularly short lived.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 19-03-2018 at 08:55 PM.

It wasn't so long ago that our 2 boards used to hold an annual football match which shows how we have become depleted. If Bloomer & Rattea are still around,give us a wave. If they are not then RIP Footymad, Romanis is the best you can expect.

So on balance about 37% of us think it would be a good idea to set this up. So it shall be.....

It wasn't so long ago that our 2 boards used to hold an annual football match which shows how we have become depleted.
    It was in the previous decade if I remember right! Eddie Briscoe Cup. I didn't take part due to being a foreigner, but have since met a few off the board.

Will pass on this opportunity. I think, Romanis, you are in the 32% majority that want to go, anyone other than the 37% who have turned it down, obviously agree with you and therefore you should turn up with your pants down, and hope everyone treats you nicely.

It wasn't so long ago that our 2 boards used to hold an annual football match which shows how we have become depleted. If Bloomer & Rattea are still around,give us a wave. If they are not then RIP Footymad, Romanis is the best you can expect.
    Why dont you shut the **** up?
    Do note, for no reason, you went to propose gang rape, now if the same is lobbied at your direction, you'll be the crying victim all over again.
    From what I have noticed you are very keen to skate on thin ice despite my warnings to you to stick to football matters on this board.
    You keep on skating Barry, just keep on skating, I'm just keeping you on for amusement, but soon I'll tire and then as the French say, Au Revoir....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast