+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keep Morgue Stadium !

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Has there been an Alien abduction in that part of Doncaster ? there is more fans at a Maltby V Parkgate match and twice as much noise.
    7,369 at that game last night millerstale, do you think we would have got anymore on a horrible monday night fixture with both teams not got very much to play for.? Times have changed MT since we used to be lifted off our feet by the crowd up Millmoor Lane.

I think the point is when they are doing well and get 10,000, you can`t find one Muppet that does`n`t claim to have been to every game home and away for the last thirty years - and that includes the ****agers!

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    7,369 at that game last night millerstale, do you think we would have got anymore on a horrible monday night fixture with both teams not got very much to play for.? Times have changed MT since we used to be lifted off our feet by the crowd up Millmoor Lane.
    You're right Arch but I know what MT means. I watched a bit of the match and I reckon 6000 of the crowd must have been on the same side of the ground as the cameras.

I am sure that all Millers fans will remember the day we played the Owls at Millmoor in front of an official crowd of 78,000. We all know that the turnstile guys were letting dads lift their kids over for a tanner and there must have been 18 or 19 thousands fans on the roof and 20,000 locked out. You don't get crowds like that nowadays.Ah, the good old days before radio.

Yup, I was there !

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    I am sure that all Millers fans will remember the day we played the Owls at Millmoor in front of an official crowd of 78,000. We all know that the turnstile guys were letting dads lift their kids over for a tanner and there must have been 18 or 19 thousands fans on the roof and 20,000 locked out. You don't get crowds like that nowadays.Ah, the good old days before radio.
    YES .. but

Week before that we played the Blades, when wall was demolished ! and there were twice as many in ?

Still like that Marquis though !

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    YES .. but

Week before that we played the Blades, when wall was demolished ! and there were twice as many in ?

Still like that Marquis though !
    The beer's OK but the food is diabolical

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12