+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noble

Noble

Can I just say that noble was immense on Saturday.
    Stood up and definatly counted.
    Hustled,bustled,loads of energy,wanted to get on the ball and with Hewitt,completely bossed the midfield on Saturday.
    If that continues until the end of season,we will be around the automatic promotion spots.
    What a great run in til the end of the season with some cracking games to come.
    Really looking forward to watching notts county for all the right reasons.
    Come on notts.
    Let’s av it

Yes just cant see why its taken so long for him to get in and a run of games i said from the start hes a cracking player for this division. The good thing is its in our own hands hopefully 8 points minumum from next 4 games

Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    Yes just cant see why its taken so long for him to get in and a run of games i said from the start hes a cracking player for this division. The good thing is its in our own hands hopefully 8 points minumum from next 4 games
    My guess is that we wanted to experiment with Husin and Virtue.....mmmm....then we take off Noble, MOM by far against Mansfield....and concede the equaliser, wtf?......is anybody actually watching these games or have we decided to press the self~destruct button?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    is anybody actually watching these games or have we decided to press the self~destruct button?
    It's refreshing to hear the plaudits for Noble, after all, he used to BE the self-destruct button!

On noble coming off im sure i saw him get injured a few minutes before he came off he was certainly limping after an inbred attack

He was immense on Saturday, but I was relieved to see him subbed as I can't help worrying he's going to self-destruct and get sent off. Maybe I need to have more faith in the new Noble?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    He was immense on Saturday, but I was relieved to see him subbed as I can't help worrying he's going to self-destruct and get sent off. Maybe I need to have more faith in the new Noble?
    The evidence from Saturday suggests we maybe should have a bit more faith in the new Noble. He was my MOM due to getting stuck in and providing a physical presence in midfield that I had doubted before. He was also prepared to try ambitious passes which didn't always come off, but were played in the right areas. He also deserves credit for his reaction to being blatantly pushed over by their fat number seven in the scuffle that followed the foul on Stead. Pity the ref, lino and fourth official somehow didn't see what we all saw from further away in the stands and allowed an obvious red card offence to go unpunished.

My views on the return of Liam Noble are well documented on this board, and one game does not warrant a change of opinion, but I agree he was indeed the best player in our side on Saturday. He showed that he could produce enough running and tackling to be successful in a two man midfield, which I believe was what Kevin Nolan doubted at first. If Liam continues in this vein, and does not fall foul of his disciplinary weaknesses at some point, then I'll have to revise my view, but that's still a big "if"!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    My views on the return of Liam Noble are well documented on this board, and one game does not warrant a change of opinion, but I agree he was indeed the best player in our side on Saturday. He showed that he could produce enough running and tackling to be successful in a two man midfield, which I believe was what Kevin Nolan doubted at first. If Liam continues in this vein, and does not fall foul of his disciplinary weaknesses at some point, then I'll have to revise my view, but that's still a big "if"!
    Have faith, we will win a lot more games with Nobsa in midfield...than without...he is the new Yates, and it is no coincidence that we are winning games again....he was removed v Mansfield hence the draw...if he starts v Chessy, lump on....if he gets subbed, cash out

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    How many more games does he need to go without getting sent off for you to believe he's matured? Fairly sure he's gone more than 70 now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast