+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Land of Pope and Glory !!

Land of Pope and Glory !!

Will all the England fans be singing this song if Burnley’s number one makes his debut on Friday night. ? On TalkSport earlier today Mick Quinn was singing his praises loud and clear when they invited listeners to ring in with their vote on who should start between the sticks against the Dutch.Many callers also felt the same. Southgate knows all about the likes of Butland and Pickford. I am sure Pope would not let his country down. By the way the last Pope to appear at Wembley was Pope John Paul 2nd !!. Don’t know if he finished up on the winning side or not.!!!!!

.....I can't get excited over these half hearted friendlies - malwayne....and I'd say that Southgate et al would already know who's going to fill the spots - they'll have watched players involved in plenty of games with real meaning, enough to reveal the pick.
    If it was me...I might even confuse things with a decoy or two - the WC competition will be watching !

Butland was rubbish again against Everton, Pickford not much better and Hart's head has disappeared up his own arse.

...and Pope still won't get a game.

I think he’ll play a part Bt , no point taking him otherwise.
    Including joe hart was a bad decision now, should have had an extra outfield player there instead.

The Telegraph say he must start and is miles ahead of all other keepers except deGea on all statistics you can choose.
    He has saved 10 expected goals -he has faced shots worthy of 32 goals this season, but has in fact conceded only 22, meaning he has effectively prevented 10 goals' worth of chances. He is one of only two Premier League goalkeepers to have prevented more than five goals, along with De Gea.
    He has stopped 80.2 per cent of the shots on target he has faced, compared to De Gea's 80.7 per cent. The next best is Lukasz Fabianski, way down on 71.6 per cent, followed by Ederson (70.6 per cent) and Hugo Lloris (70 per cent).
    he has saved 11 of the 22 clear cut chances he has faced this season, which is the best record of anyone to face at least 10 such chances, ahead of Darlow and De Gea.
    He has made 89 saves from 111 shots on target faced. He has kept 10 clean sheets this season, the fifth-most in the Premier League and three more than any of his England rivals.
    You have to scroll down to seventh to find another English player.

Hope Gareth gets these messages.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-goal-england/

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)